So I almost got AD Malz...but

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawkwìng

05-11-2012

Start tear and boots.

Upgrade to manumane, have a solid supply of pots all game.
buy merc treads
build glacial shroud for CDR
upgrade to frozen heart if your opponent is AD, buy a negatron if they are AP
possibly upgrade to QSS, if QSS not needed build an odens late game.
Build hexdrinker
build phage
upgrade to maw
upgrade to frozen mallet

Tforce is useless, you spend most of ur time kiting, or suppressing when your in combat. Delaying your spell casts for sheen procs is a bad idea, pump out the minions as fast as possible.

my standard build would be

merc treads
manumane
frozen heart
frozen mallet
maw of malmortis
odens veil<----LEAST IMPORTANT ITEM (Interchangeable with last whisper, randuins, QSS)

odens can be changed out with last whisper if your opponent is stacking armor, or changed out with QSS if your opponent has a nasty debuff or CC (another malz, morde, vlad...etc). Of if your opponent is a nasty AD thats bruising you down, Finnish off with a randuins.

You should finish your average build with
~280-300 AD
~200 armor
~170 MR
~3000 HP

Oh, and take 9-21 masteries.

butler22

05-11-2012

I have gotten pretty good at AD Malz, probably winning 75% of my games when I play him so here's my build and runes etc...

I go 8 Ar pen marks, with one crit chance mark. Why? Because the minions can crit and even the smallest chance will happen every once in a while, for more info see Sauron's tricks thread.

I go Mana regen per level seals because I spam all day long without stopping and this lets me do it. I don't hold back when it comes to casting in order to keep at least one minion out at all times and the next one ready at a moments notice.

Blues I keep to CDR and for Quints I use movespeed. I use Exhaust and Revive -always! Revive is essential for when you get ganked and need to quickly get back into the action, never leave home without it.

My usual build consists of Brutalizer, Manamune, Merc Treads, Glacial Shroud as core.
Situational or later items are Hexdrinker-> Maw, Phage-> Frozen Mallet or Entropy, if I get Frozen Heart I usually try to end with Atma's Impaler
I used to get Aegis but I'm not positive if the minion benefit from the AD aura? Anyway this items give a mix between damage and survivability and I rarely lose bottom unless I'm getting ganked all the time.
Hope that helps and good luck! AD Malz is tons of fun

@ Warrax I really find the extra MR from the merc treads to be amazing on malz. (Tenacity helps ganks a little too) If they are light on AP then that is plenty, if you need more then hexdrinker is perfect. I really don't like any of the upgrades to negatron cloak and try to avoid getting it. Teams will rarely have no ap so at least some MR should always be needed.

inFe eD

05-11-2012

Voidlings don't crit.

Hawkwìng

05-11-2012

Indeed they do not.

AD Malz should never get any stats outside of....
ARMpen
flat AD
armor
hp
MR
CDR
mana

butler22

05-11-2012

You might want to check that again, I'm almost positive that voidlings can crit, I've seen it happen.

I'll double check later when I have time, its possible I'm wrong but I seem to remember that they can crit.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler22 View Post
You might want to check that again, I'm almost positive that voidlings can crit, I've seen it happen.

I'll double check later when I have time, its possible I'm wrong but I seem to remember that they can crit.
There is currently a silly bug where voidlings don't crit, which needs to be immediately hotfixed please.

Hawkwìng

05-11-2012

Beware of the malz ult bug. where your ult randomly refuses to cast.

minion bug, where they just sit there. taking damage, not responding. just chillen, till ur E is up again.

Talith PA

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
There is currently a silly bug where voidlings don't crit, which needs to be immediately hotfixed please.
You forgot the bug where they don't apply frozen mallet as well.