AD Carry Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krynul

05-09-2012

Does anyone have an idea for what the best general runes for an AD carry is? I usually tank so I'm trying to figure out a good cureall AD carry page.

I own the following useful runes for AD carries:
Quints: Arm Pen
Reds: Arm Pen
Yellows: Flat armor
Blues: Mr/level

I own ashe, caitlin, and sivir. I have tryndamere and sion as well who are capable of at least benefiting from AD runes (yeah I know trynd cold probably use more crit based runes but that's for another day I usually tank and that much IP is a waste atm). I was wondering if anyone had any input to help out my game with my current AD carries.

EndlessCycle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Stick to everything you got, but switch quints and reds for Flat AD. Helps with last hitting, and you have a stronger early game.

atrumpec

05-09-2012

flat damage quints
flat armor yellow
mr/lvl blues

Dracocide

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessCycle View Post
Stick to everything you got, but switch quints and reds for Flat AD. Helps with last hitting, and you have a stronger early game.
6 armor pen marks, 3 flat ad marks, 3 flat ad quints gives the same armor pen and a little more than 1 more ad thanjist 9 ad marks and 3 ad quints.

Krynul

05-09-2012

I've been toying with the idea of getting the flat ad quints. I wasn't sure how situational it'd be or what the effects would be on an auto attacker vs AD caster situation. The quints/reds setup I have now essentially gives me true damage and a pretty dangerous late game.

Are the AD quints that useful early game?

Crosskillz

05-09-2012

i use 2 rune pages for AD carries.
1st: flat ad marks, armor yellows, flat MR blues, flat AD quint
2nd: 9 armor pen marks, armor yellows, 8 flat MR blues, 1 flat AD blue, flat ad quint
the 1 flat ad blue will make your AD bonus from runes to 7 instead of 6.8.
i use 1st rune page on champions that do not have ad scaling abilities such as trist and corki.
and 2nd rune page on champions like Graves, Vayne, caitlyn. this rune page make graves buckshot do more damage,vayne gets more damage at 6 when she ults(armor pen start outshining flat ad the higher ad u get), and cait for her Q.
if you really need the flat ad marks to be able to last hit, you can use them on all ad carry anyways, but the armor pen are a bit better as the game progresses.

Ahris Pantsu

05-09-2012

They're nice, but have the potential to be wasted. If you have 20 ArPen and the enemy team has 10 Armor (unrealistic, but it's for math representation purposes) then you're wasting 10 ArPen. AD Marks/Quints helps last hitting a lot (particularly when you're running boots+3 as your start).

Rune wise, there's a slightly different set that's optimal for certain AD carries. I'll throw out some common pages:

Graves, Trist, Sivir, Kog'Maw, Corki, Varus
Red: x9 Flat AD
Yel: x9 Flat Armor
Blu: x9 Flat MR
Qui: x3 Flat AD

Vayne, Miss Fortune
Red: x9 Flat Armor Pen
Blu: x9 Flat MR

Ashe
Blu: x6 Flat MR, x3 Scaling Mana/5
Qui: x1 Flat AD, x2 Movement Speed

Ezreal
Blu: x9 Scaling Mana/5

Caitlyn
Blu: x9 Flat Attack Speed

Hope that helps. I'll answer specific choices, if you have any.

Waxdec

05-09-2012

AD quints, AD marks, Armour yellows and Flat/per level MR.

The glyph's are personal preference. I like getting flat though.

MalevolentLemons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessCycle View Post
I use flat ad on champs like Corki, but on champs like Ezreal and Graves I like around 10 armor pen. If I remember correctly armor pen is very useful on champions with skills that scale with ad which is why most Urgot players get as much armor pen as possible.

Jakojo

06-25-2012

It depends on my item build. My main carry is Miss Fortune so I used Armor and Mage resist with Armor Pen. and flat AD.