Allow surrender earlier than 20 min

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BobTheMoron

05-08-2012

In something like 15 of the last 20 normal games I've played, either my team or the other team has had at least one player who never connected, or goes afk from the very beginning, or connects after 15 minutes of gametime. When all the other players involved are reasonably skilled, it usually makes the whole game a waste of time - 4v5s are no fun - and given that summoners can't leave until the game is concluded (without account penalty) it makes for a waste of 20 minutes until surrender is allowed.

If the majority of the players who are still active on a team want to surrender to get the game over with quicker, why not let them? Given how frequent leavers and AFKers seem to be, in nonranked at least, why not allow the disadvantaged team to get it over with quicker, so they can try to find a game that's actually worth playing?

A side note, I really hope those guys who ruin games like this are heavily penalized...

And even in balanced 5v5 games, I don't see the problem with letting one team on SR surrender earlier if the vast majority of the team agrees (70% of active players, as it is now).

Skidochufada

05-09-2012

It's because teams will start surrendering just by seeing comps or first bloods. Oh, they have Udyr Jungling, and we only have Sion... GG /surrender.

Bunnymo chan

05-09-2012

enemy graves 11 kills in 10 min. No one else on either team is fed. Another game, enemy varus has bt in 11 min.

KnightxSScarlett

05-10-2012

People give up too soon. If anything, surrender should be extended to 25 minutes. In addition, if you feed the enemy team, you deserve to suffer. I always press no when my mid feeds their mid 4 kills and says surrender.

"You feed em, you fight em."

- Mageinta Warrior

SummonYerMaw

05-10-2012

Had a game yesterday and top Irelia was 10-0 by about 15 mins, enemy team 17-1. We had pretty much given up by 7-1 and started feeding them pointless kills waiting for surrender at 20. Surrender vote failed at 20 since the 2 of us that were not skyping felt like being asses I guess.

They got over cocky I guess and started doing group fights without all their team there, we hauled it back to 35-35, got an Ace and won.

I0N

05-10-2012

that s horrible idea because u know what trolls would do... thats right they would try to surrender right off of the start!

Guppers

05-10-2012

yea, if anything the surrender time should be increased, too many winnable games are lost because people give up

GS RonJon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

just depends i agree and disagree at the same time ha

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheMoron View Post
In something like 15 of the last 20 normal games I've played, either my team or the other team has had at least one player who never connected, or goes afk from the very beginning, or connects after 15 minutes of gametime. When all the other players involved are reasonably skilled, it usually makes the whole game a waste of time - 4v5s are no fun - and given that summoners can't leave until the game is concluded (without account penalty) it makes for a waste of 20 minutes until surrender is allowed.

If the majority of the players who are still active on a team want to surrender to get the game over with quicker, why not let them? Given how frequent leavers and AFKers seem to be, in nonranked at least, why not allow the disadvantaged team to get it over with quicker, so they can try to find a game that's actually worth playing?

A side note, I really hope those guys who ruin games like this are heavily penalized...

And even in balanced 5v5 games, I don't see the problem with letting one team on SR surrender earlier if the vast majority of the team agrees (70% of active players, as it is now).
TL;DR Your name. That is all.

JevelFaithful

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
"You feed em, you fight em."

- Mageinta Warrior
You made my day.

ON topic, no I think 20 min is an ok time. I've seen lost games getting won after 20 min. Not saying you can win back every game, but it's an ok time I think.

Now if someone is afk from the begining... A special case might be useful. BUT, I peronally like to just get a 20 min of laning without lategame.