Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TIps For ELO HELL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HealIsForPussies

05-30-2012

I'm going to say, based on what I've been doing last couple days(went up 200 elo in 1 day(23W-3L)), is that you cant just have the mindset of "I'm the best, I'm going to carry, KILLS, KILLS, KILLS" because thats how a lot of people are going in with that mindset, and tbh look where they still are. The thing that I've seen and have tried that works the best is to play a tankier champ that has cc and can still output good damage(things like jax, j4, darius, panth, ww, sion, olaf, riven, poppy, so on so forth). This is because these champs have the fixes for certain things other roles lack.
AD carry, very squishy and easy to be focused, for the most part low to no cc, can be destroyed due to lane partner being dumb.
AP carry, for the most part very squishy, almost all have 1 burst then they dont have any damage possible to kill everyone else, easily focused, fall off late game.
Support, if your trying to carry this wont do you any good unless you have a good AD carry(judging the fact your trying to get out of elo hell this is very unlikely), almost no dmg, cant carry.

Due to this thought process, your best bet is a jungler or a solo top.
Reasoning: Not very easily focused down, moderate/high damage output, hard cc (DONT TRY TO CARRY SHYV), damage that can last an entire fight (not just burst then done), Saving capabilities (can jump in and peel or save a team mate), quick objective kills, can easily get team fight items(aegis, zeke's, etc) without sacrificing too much damage or tankiness.

Mind Set You Should Try To Use:
-Ward
-Staying alive is more important than getting a kill
-CS
-saving a team mates life is more important than chasing for a kill
-Push objectives (dragon, baron, red, blue)
-If your down by a bit DONT fight unless under your turret
-DONT BUILD GLASS CANNON
-Focus the carries(DO ANYTHING to get to the carries(flash, ghost, cc, spells))
-If you ace the enemy team, apposed to running straight to baron, you should attempt to down a couple turrets and then run to baron when they're under 10 seconds until they spawn.
-DONT BE THAT PERSON (we all know one, I'm talking about the people that get mad at other people and decide they're not going to help that person at all(yet in all reality that's you just making your team lose))
-Let your teammates know when your going to do something or if they should follow
-If you notice somebody doing something wrong, just nicely explain what they should be doing
-DONT OVEREXTEND

That's my opinion on the best way out of "Elo Hell". If you think I'm wrong, PLEASE, tell me a better way and why it's better. In addition, check out my steam "The Very Depths of Elo Hell" and me attempting to get out at http://www.twitch.tv/sycosoldier90 (I've gone up 300 elo in the last 3 days)

HealIsForPussies

05-30-2012

Quote:
HIroki Uzami:
Elo hell doesn't exist. If it's so full of trolls then why doesn't the other team fail because of them? My recommendation, remove the mental state of ELO HELL. Climbing higher in that bracket is like climbing higher in any bracket. Play your role well & communicate better.

I know you may be thinking this, but I would probably have to disagree with that. Elo Hell (~1500) is an area where there really can be a player of any skill on either team and your elo really doesn't determine how good you may be. This is because many people are flooding in and getting ranked here, this means that in a 1200 elo game it could be a game of 5 people who end up being 1800+ vs 5 people who end up below 1k (yes i know, very unlikely, but possible). This though is not why this "impossible" elo bracket exists. It exists because of a wide variety of reasons.
1- It is at the starting elo, this means that someone who could be potential be 2k elo can be on a team with 4 people who aren't very good and then they go against a team that is a little more coordinated due to higher skill on their team apposed to the 4 mediocre players and the 1 great player on the other team. Then when they loose you now have an amazing player going down and getting ranked at around 1100 elo and maybe ending up beating someone else who could is also great, but not quite the 2k elo skill. This causes people of all skill to be thrown around all over the place around this elo.
2-PEOPLE DO TROLL
3-AFKs (happens to me about 1 time every 4 games)
4-LUCK IS A GIANT FACTOR (I only say this because some people may be lucky and almost never get an afk on their team, while someone else may be very unlucky and get an afk almost every game for multiple games in a row) (another example is that someone that may really belong in the ~1200 elo may be paired with people who go on to 1600+ multiple times in a row and then end up in 1400+ elo where they just feed and drag other players who deserve higher elo back down lower)
5-A lot more fighting goes on in lower elo, and most of the time people will cost your team the game because they were mad at one of your teammates or at you
6-"Elo Hell" is just what it was named, if you want to be technical you can say that "Elo Hell" doesn't exist, but the idea behind it does

HealIsForPussies

05-30-2012

I can explain further because I know that may have sounded like a bunch of mumbo jumbo but those posts were pretty big as is and I don't want to make anyone to have to read a book just to get the brief points.
Also, check me out at http://www.twitch.tv/sycosoldier90

awcrapilost

05-30-2012

I do watch syco sometimes, he's pretty good, and gave you very good, detailed steps you can take to improve and eventually get out of your current elo

Retto112

05-31-2012

Quote:
Syco Soldier99:

Mind Set You Should Try To Use:
-Ward
-Staying alive is more important than getting a kill
-CS
-saving a team mates life is more important than chasing for a kill
-Push objectives (dragon, baron, red, blue)
-If your down by a bit DONT fight unless under your turret
-DONT BUILD GLASS CANNON
-Focus the carries(DO ANYTHING to get to the carries(flash, ghost, cc, spells))
-If you ace the enemy team, apposed to running straight to baron, you should attempt to down a couple turrets and then run to baron when they're under 10 seconds until they spawn.
-DONT BE THAT PERSON (we all know one, I'm talking about the people that get mad at other people and decide they're not going to help that person at all(yet in all reality that's you just making your team lose))
-Let your teammates know when your going to do something or if they should follow
-If you notice somebody doing something wrong, just nicely explain what they should be doing
-DONT OVEREXTEND

It's the simple stuff like this that people forget. Thanks for taking the time to hopefully catch some peoples' attention. I'm tired of losing ranked Solo/Duo queues for people doing the exact opposite of most of these things.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LoL at League of Legends (http://lolatleagueoflegends.wordpress.com)

Metaphisto

05-31-2012

Good luck trying to raise your ELO now. School is out (or almost out) for the summer and day care is too op for these kids. Expect to get a troll or feeder every game just because that player gives up first blood.

Last game I had an Ezreal in it that was never in the team fights, and only said "F*ck you I do what I want." If the game was 4v5 we probably would have won. That's how bad these children are. If you are not a masochist I would suggest that you wait until school starts again in the fall to play ranked.

Little Boy Nate

05-31-2012

Play a hyper carry and get extremely good at them. Morde, Olaf, Jax, and Tristana are all hypercarries but not only them. Focus on being able to 1v3 at least.

Best of luck!

Technician Tim

05-31-2012

i bet in season 3 he re makes this thread, any takers?

HealIsForPussies

05-31-2012

Quote:
kingcharles07:
i bet in season 3 he re makes this thread, any takers?

LOL!!!!!!!! That made me laugh so hard, but I'd probably agree.

GIJ App Tweety

06-03-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWlkZSfey8

This is you