Is Varus Underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lax Freak View Post
just want NO varus is not under powered for a few reasons. 1. his range is pretty much equivalent to that of caitlyn giving a significant advantage (especially when laning with a partner) no to mention right off the bat if you have one in w and one in e you can already deal a large amount of damage with three stacks by level two; most likely enough to get a kill. 2. his ult isnt about doing damage its about immobilizing the target long enough to get three stacks, q, three more stacks then e. by that time they are either dead or running for their life. I got varus the second day he was out and by the third day he was out i had a pentakill with him. my first ever. no varus is not underpowered you just have to know when to push and when to retreat especially with his ult in team fights. (can make the team fight go extremely in your favor.) its all about play style and playing smart. he is NOT cait and he is NOT ashe so dont try and play him like them.
He only has a 25 unit advantage range on vayne (who has a tumble,he has no sort of positioning tool) and his 575 is less than ashe(600) cait(650) and tristana(700 lvl18). That is not comparable at all. Varus is more of a team counter pick. Teams with a high HP regen/heal its good to pick varus because of his aoe heal debuff and % dmg done based on health. He is good but if his utility is useless so is he.

Also ppl that say he falls off late game are crazy. His ult alone is fight changing. Late game is alot of clustered team fights, and his ult is excellent in team fighst giving him ability to land stacks of Blight and burst down key players wether they are tank or carry.

I like him as a champ but I dont play carry much. He has great potential and looks like he is going to be a mainstay carry like cait and vayne.

Elsaliss

05-01-2013

Just bringing in a new light here in gd

Gank McCoy

05-01-2013

His ult is very useful late game in team fights, making him a very safe ADC. Max e first for better trades bot lane imo. and if you want to play aggressive in lane, have a leona support, no escape from the leona varus combo.

Mskofsanity

05-02-2013

holy 1 year necro

ROKAF JE

05-02-2013

Dead thread
Varus is good lol

OriginalJack

05-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Envy View Post
Just bringing in a new light here in gd
omg downvote

#1 this isn't GD

#2 this is a season 2 thread so most of it doesn't apply now because of the new S3 items and nerfs to other champs.

At the time varus came out there was a focus on mobility. Remember the holy trio of Graves Corki and Ez? Obviously in a mobility focused meta Varus is going to seem weak.

Now in S3 where cait and mf are some of the most played ADCs Varus is in a much better spot. He might have some trouble laning against a good cait but honestly cait is one of if not the best ADC during the laning phase so who doesn't? Varus however is a beast once the team fights phase starts.

Demon Sentinel

05-02-2013

I wouldnt say underpowered by any means, but he has that hybrid/AP potential that seems like it goes to waste or is useless, similar to Miss Fortune. His W is exactly like MF, on hit bonus dmg, scales off ap.. Ult that scales off ap as well, however MF has hybrid scaling so she still benefits from ad. Varus Q is great, not spammable but does damage and has huge range. His E is also very good, doing % dmg.

His passive atk speed from kills makes him a deadly adc, his ult is a decent initiator, and that first kill procs his passive and the enemy team melts. Got a penta in ranked with him, hes quite good, his early game is not bad either.

Magnus Theli

05-02-2013

Who the **** revived this post, is from season 2 my gosh.

Varus is good btw.