Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka/Varus better than Soraka/Urgot???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolofoloto

05-08-2012

I know it sounds crazy since I havent had enough experience on this. As a Soraka player I love laning with Urgot bot.

But as of recently , I did a random normal game... laned with Varus bot... he went 17/0/something I was 2/2/21 , immediately I added him to my friends list. And from there we proceeded to win the next 4 games in a row. The last game was a pull from behind win also , I fed Varus as much as possible but the other two lanes were dying too much to make just one character viable.

We were able to win team fights with ease.

I havent seen Varus play without a support... so my question is , how viable is he without support or blue buff?

Out of the 5 games Ive supported him , I see that he is very very mana dependent like Urgot.

Who would you guys rather have? Soraka/Urgot or Soraka/Varus.

oh and inb4 Varus just came out so hes automatically OP before next patch nerf.

I think people will complain that hes too strong, and he'll get nerfed. Which makes Soraka sad. =(

OG Skywalker

05-09-2012

no i hope he gets nerfed i hate losing to him repeatedly in lane. all ive seen is leona varus every ****ing game, within the time span of leonas stuns varus will kill u, they will proceed to zone u and poke u at ur turret until dive worthy, try this with ur friend for the next week, i guarantee u will not lose bot lane against any comp, unless u are bested by a varus leona mirror lane.

Wolofoloto

05-09-2012

Quote:
Trizzent:
no i hope he gets nerfed i hate losing to him repeatedly in lane. all ive seen is leona varus every ****ing game, within the time span of leonas stuns varus will kill u, they will proceed to zone u and poke u at ur turret until dive worthy, try this with ur friend for the next week, i guarantee u will not lose bot lane against any comp, unless u are bested by a varus leona mirror lane.

Havent seen him with a Leona yet , but I have today off so I'll be on pretty much all day. It does sound like a scary combo though.

Alucard2582

05-09-2012

soraka varus better

Alucard2582

05-09-2012

e

Tha Legend Killa

05-09-2012

I hav'nt lost a game with varus, and i'd say he doesnt need a nerf, hes fine the way he is, not OP at all.

To answer your question, The first Normal game i played as Varus i went afk for first few minutes then came back to realize i was solo top vs 2 people, a Xin and another Varus, They were lvl 3's and i came lvl 1 to defend, Anyways i ended up winning that game, 9-1-10 of course ihad some ganks from the op fed malphite and shaco on my team and they ended up takin my tower down, but i was rockin teleport so i caught up, and surpassed them then just starting owning. So Yeah he isnt that dependent on support or blue, although he murders if he has them.