Is poppy viable in S3? And if so, should i main him as a top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MooNuke

12-20-2012

Is poppy easy to counter, better than most tops?

KnightxSScarlett

12-20-2012

Poppy's a chick bro.

Poppy's lane phase is weak. Put her in the jungle, possibly as support. Her farming is slow so it's easy to push up on her and her mana costs are high in low levels.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-20-2012

By team fighting phase, Poppy can be tough to deal with. Her ult makes her immune to everyone except one champion (including CC, slow, etc), so she can chase someone down, and with a Trinity Force, she can actually dish out pretty good damage too.

Shadowed Ruby

12-20-2012

One thing I love about Poppy is how scary she is while ganking. As soon as roaming is available, she's a fun one to pop into other lanes. People freak out as soon as they get pinned and will pop most of their survival abilities and items, if you have a Frozen mallet they're in for a surprise, though! Between her W and E, chasing has never been simpler.

If you've got the AP flowing, her Q can do a fair amount of damage, too. Fun against easy bots.

Atzigan

12-20-2012

A good Poppy is 100% viable, roaming Poppy is very scary, a Top Poppy is very deceiving. In the past I've made so many mistakes to attack her when she was below half hp. It's like she suddenly gains steroids to kill you in a couple blows.

Capt Poro Snax

12-20-2012

Honestly unless your a BOSS poppy. then she is not really viable as a top. Granted there are some exceptions but for the most part you top with poppy vs most the common top champs today your going to get shut down on cs and levs.

Derrick the Red

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooNuke View Post
Is poppy easy to counter, better than most tops?
No, Poppy is a girl. Until you know this, no maining Poppy.

Jayfeather

12-23-2012

Teamfighting is a joy, support is a breeze, you're tanky top - the only thing I've really found wrong with Poopy is that her mana costs are much too high. Poppy's always been viable somewhat, just about opportunities.