How to earn more IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

I don't believe that the tribunal gives you lots of IPs oO, one day of work gave me 35 IPs

Silkdawn

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onerblack View Post
I don't believe that the tribunal gives you lots of IPs oO, one day of work gave me 35 IPs

Arent they a bit delayed?

Sumperium

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerC Sky View Post
There is no real other way to earn more Influence Points, other than Experience Boosts, and when you reach/are level 30 you can help ameliorate the community by solving Tribunal cases, also i want to note that this doesn't really increase your total Influence Points gain. But again the Tribunal is always good to participate at because you will help clear the game from offenders.

goodluck.

*sips tea*
How do experience boosts increase IP gained?

LOL

MisterKaras

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
The only real viable strategy is to make sure you get your First Win of the Day consistently and every day. Even if that means a quick vs AI stomp if you don't have time for a real game if you got unlucky and got squished for 2 or 3 losses in a row.

------------
I think you guys are kind of spoiled to be honest.

Don't any of you guys have ipads?
Calls people spoiled then goes on about his ipad that was given to him......argument counterd

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2012

Having someone give you a christmas present hardly makes someone 'spoiled'. You telling me that you don't ever get an xmas or bday present? You had to buy every single console/computer you've ever owned?

But anyways, who says you need all the champions?!? You don't. You aren't expected to have all the champions either. The idea is that they spew out tons of them and you will like some more than others. You can then unlock the ones that most appeal to you.

I personally have 21,000 IP sitting around. Sure I have a few champs Id like to try out again, but I have more than enough champs to have a huge pool of them to play with.
I can't even keep up with the ones I have and several have collected virtual dust for months. Some I will play and discover I suck at them again since I havent played them enough lately. Some are a lot easier to relearn and dont take much effort.

Im sorry this pisses you off, but IAPs in LoL is WAYYY better implemented than any other game I can think of. Most such games, you can easily Pay for Power which ruins the gameplay. Or you are grossly limited in what you can do. Or you can only play 2 games per day and have to pay for extra. Everyone wants moar stuff, but Riot has to pay the bills too right? I'd call it a pretty good compromise between free IP earnings and the 'need' for RP buyings.

Brutenga

11-07-2012

Quote:
The only real viable strategy is to make sure you get your First Win of the Day consistently and every day. Even if that means a quick vs AI stomp if you don't have time for a real game if you got unlucky and got squished for 2 or 3 losses in a row.

------------

Don't any of you guys have ipads? I got one this Xmas and I am absolutely amazed at how crappy the software is, in regards to in app purchases.
Most of them intentionally gimp you and ensure that you either MUST buy IAPs to get anywhere, or you have to do epic grinding to make any progress.
Almost all of the 'freemium' software sucks balls for the ipad. Go play Plants War on the ipad to see just how ass stuff can be. Its a DOTA type game except their creep waves get more and more butch, while you have to pay real cash to improve yours!

In comparison, I'd say the League of Legends IP accrual rate vs prices really is pretty reasonable. Plus theres the fact that YOU DON'T EVEN NEED IP!

10 free champs each week, rotating weekly. Thats really a pretty sweet deal and any new player ought to be trying out each champ on the free list each week until they have gone through most of them. At the very least they know how to play and beat that champ, as well as figure out which ones they want to unlock.

In like 2 or 3 games you can permanently unlock any of the 9 or so 450 IP ones.
Theres quite a few 1350 IP champs around.

You get 150 IP every day for 'free', along with about 2 IP per minute played.

Most of the lack of IP is due to idiocy... asking the freaking FORUM "I got 3150IP...who do I buy?".
Plus if you have ever blindly unlocked an expensive champion without ever playing them...you are an idiot. Don't feel bad...Ive done it too or close to it. I played Corki a few times, heard he was OP then bought him cuz I needed a good carry.
They immediately nerf the **** out of him and release stupidly overpowered GRAVES. What a kick in the ass. Ive barely touched him since.

All you have to do is play the rotating champs, and never ever unlock a champ until you have played them 10 times or more during free week...and NEVER unlock UNTIL FREE WEEK IS OVER. I mean, its stupdity to unlock a free champ during free week...you might get sick of them by the end of the week.
As a new player in LoL looking to play and unlock different chars I found this incredibly helpful. thanks!

Randomcandy4

07-04-2013

hi

Krammed

09-08-2013

Quote:

------------

Don't any of you guys have ipads? I got one this Xmas and I am absolutely amazed at how crappy the software is, in regards to in app purchases.
Most of them intentionally gimp you and ensure that you either MUST buy IAPs to get anywhere, or you have to do epic grinding to make any progress.
Almost all of the 'freemium' software sucks balls for the ipad. Go play Plants War on the ipad to see just how ass stuff can be. Its a DOTA type game except their creep waves get more and more butch, while you have to pay real cash to improve yours!

In comparison, I'd say the League of Legends IP accrual rate vs prices really is pretty reasonable. Plus theres the fact that YOU DON'T EVEN NEED IP!

10 free champs each week, rotating weekly. Thats really a pretty sweet deal and any new player ought to be trying out each champ on the free list each week until they have gone through most of them. At the very least they know how to play and beat that champ, as well as figure out which ones they want to unlock.

In like 2 or 3 games you can permanently unlock any of the 9 or so 450 IP ones.
Theres quite a few 1350 IP champs around.

You get 150 IP every day for 'free', along with about 2 IP per minute played.

Most of the lack of IP is due to idiocy... asking the freaking FORUM "I got 3150IP...who do I buy?".
Plus if you have ever blindly unlocked an expensive champion without ever playing them...you are an idiot. Don't feel bad...Ive done it too or close to it. I played Corki a few times, heard he was OP then bought him cuz I needed a good carry.
They immediately nerf the **** out of him and release stupidly overpowered GRAVES. What a kick in the ass. Ive barely touched him since.

All you have to do is play the rotating champs, and never ever unlock a champ until you have played them 10 times or more during free week...and NEVER unlock UNTIL FREE WEEK IS OVER. I mean, its stupdity to unlock a free champ during free week...you might get sick of them by the end of the week.
So if I should never buy a champion during free week, I can never buy a champion? Awesome.

Damned Scholar

09-08-2013

If you pay attention, you'll note that the statement was that you should never buy a champion when that champion is free. You should wait until they're not free to play, then buy them if you still want them.

Cats and Such

10-09-2013

I recently won a normal match with Shyvana (Jungle) and went 8/2/16 and got 256 IP. Before that, it was a normal with Soraka going 2/4/25 and getting 96 IP. I don't know how the IP distribution system works but it doesn't seem to favor supports very much -_____-;