Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to earn more IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DurRice

05-08-2012

Hello. I've been playing league of legends for quite a while now, and i feel that im just earning IP too slowly. I really want IP. Is there any way or strategy to earn IP faster than just grinding games ?

Insípid

05-08-2012

Longer games=more IP usually.
Ive also heard the more turrets and inhibs destroyed the more IP you get, i suppose for effort?
Also, blind picks usually take awhile because its just massive killing so every1 is pretty much fed endgame, so it becomes hack and slash. I find i get alot of IP from blind pick games more than anything else.

DMPuffy

05-08-2012

This game is a time sink; one big, rage inducing time sink. There is no way to get more IP other than IP boosts.

Lead Death

05-09-2012

Well you got ip boosts..when you get lv 30 u can judge at the tribunal for lots of ip..u can also get friend referals for ip and sometimes rp..and then there's winning games turret takedowns and first win of the day bonus

Warrrrax

05-09-2012

The only real viable strategy is to make sure you get your First Win of the Day consistently and every day. Even if that means a quick vs AI stomp if you don't have time for a real game if you got unlucky and got squished for 2 or 3 losses in a row.

------------
I think you guys are kind of spoiled to be honest.

Don't any of you guys have ipads? I got one this Xmas and I am absolutely amazed at how crappy the software is, in regards to in app purchases.
Most of them intentionally gimp you and ensure that you either MUST buy IAPs to get anywhere, or you have to do epic grinding to make any progress.
Almost all of the 'freemium' software sucks balls for the ipad. Go play Plants War on the ipad to see just how ass stuff can be. Its a DOTA type game except their creep waves get more and more butch, while you have to pay real cash to improve yours!

In comparison, I'd say the League of Legends IP accrual rate vs prices really is pretty reasonable. Plus theres the fact that YOU DON'T EVEN NEED IP!

10 free champs each week, rotating weekly. Thats really a pretty sweet deal and any new player ought to be trying out each champ on the free list each week until they have gone through most of them. At the very least they know how to play and beat that champ, as well as figure out which ones they want to unlock.

In like 2 or 3 games you can permanently unlock any of the 9 or so 450 IP ones.
Theres quite a few 1350 IP champs around.

You get 150 IP every day for 'free', along with about 2 IP per minute played.

Most of the lack of IP is due to idiocy... asking the freaking FORUM "I got 3150IP...who do I buy?".
Plus if you have ever blindly unlocked an expensive champion without ever playing them...you are an idiot. Don't feel bad...Ive done it too or close to it. I played Corki a few times, heard he was OP then bought him cuz I needed a good carry.
They immediately nerf the **** out of him and release stupidly overpowered GRAVES. What a kick in the ass. Ive barely touched him since.

All you have to do is play the rotating champs, and never ever unlock a champ until you have played them 10 times or more during free week...and NEVER unlock UNTIL FREE WEEK IS OVER. I mean, its stupdity to unlock a free champ during free week...you might get sick of them by the end of the week.

Rerum Naturalium

05-09-2012

There is no real other way to earn more Influence Points, other than Experience Boosts, and when you reach/are level 30 you can help ameliorate the community by solving Tribunal cases, also i want to note that this doesn't really increase your total Influence Points gain. But again the Tribunal is always good to participate at because you will help clear the game from offenders.

goodluck.

*sips tea*

Kysune

05-09-2012

Can someone explain how you solve Tribunal cases or where you find them?

DMPuffy

05-09-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
The only real viable strategy is to make sure you get your First Win of the Day consistently and every day. Even if that means a quick vs AI stomp if you don't have time for a real game if you got unlucky and got squished for 2 or 3 losses in a row.

------------
I think you guys are kind of spoiled to be honest.

Don't any of you guys have ipads? I got one this Xmas and I am absolutely amazed at how crappy the software is, in regards to in app purchases.
Most of them intentionally gimp you and ensure that you either MUST buy IAPs to get anywhere, or you have to do epic grinding to make any progress.
Almost all of the 'freemium' software sucks balls for the ipad. Go play Plants War on the ipad to see just how ass stuff can be. Its a DOTA type game except their creep waves get more and more butch, while you have to pay real cash to improve yours!

In comparison, I'd say the League of Legends IP accrual rate vs prices really is pretty reasonable. Plus theres the fact that YOU DON'T EVEN NEED IP!

10 free champs each week, rotating weekly. Thats really a pretty sweet deal and any new player ought to be trying out each champ on the free list each week until they have gone through most of them. At the very least they know how to play and beat that champ, as well as figure out which ones they want to unlock.

In like 2 or 3 games you can permanently unlock any of the 9 or so 450 IP ones.
Theres quite a few 1350 IP champs around.

You get 150 IP every day for 'free', along with about 2 IP per minute played.

Most of the lack of IP is due to idiocy... asking the freaking FORUM "I got 3150IP...who do I buy?".
Plus if you have ever blindly unlocked an expensive champion without ever playing them...you are an idiot. Don't feel bad...Ive done it too or close to it. I played Corki a few times, heard he was OP then bought him cuz I needed a good carry.
They immediately nerf the **** out of him and release stupidly overpowered GRAVES. What a kick in the ass. Ive barely touched him since.

All you have to do is play the rotating champs, and never ever unlock a champ until you have played them 10 times or more during free week...and NEVER unlock UNTIL FREE WEEK IS OVER. I mean, its stupdity to unlock a free champ during free week...you might get sick of them by the end of the week.

It takes 2 to 3 years of consistent play to get all the champions, even longer if you get rune pages and runes. If you can't see this, you probably should take your fanboy goggles off. Every game has it's own problems, and incredibly slow-to-earn currency is one of LoL's problems.

Silkdawn

05-09-2012

The game is free to play, so it shouldnt come as a surprise. They can only get their money from skin collectors and frustrated grinders right?

FaerellG

05-09-2012

Quote:
MoneyForNothin:
It takes 2 to 3 years of consistent play to get all the champions, even longer if you get rune pages and runes. If you can't see this, you probably should take your fanboy goggles off. Every game has it's own problems, and incredibly slow-to-earn currency is one of LoL's problems.

You don't need to have access to every single champion. Just the ones that you play and the ones that you might want to swap around in Ranked.

If you follow the advice of "don't buy something until you're proficient with it" you won't find yourself needing much in the way of IP. Hell, I'm sitting on 13k right now as I've been trying to figure out which new champion to buy because it's finally time to expand my selection again.

Because by the time you're actually proficient with a champion, you should have played enough games with them in Free Week to have earned the IP to buy them.