Is Varus Worth It?

Yes 70 66.67%
No 35 33.33%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Varus, Is He Worth It?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MCMCMAN2

05-14-2012

Not sure why people are playing him as an AD carry bottom lane. It is pretty good, but he is like urgot. Hes better in mid as an AD caster, ulizing blight and Q for huge damage bursts, not autos. Your priority should be using autos to get blight, and then popping them with piercing arrow. You shouldnt ever build more than 1 AS item.

Simplemalk

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMCMAN2 View Post
Not sure why people are playing him as an AD carry bottom lane. It is pretty good, but he is like urgot. Hes better in mid as an AD caster, ulizing blight and Q for huge damage bursts, not autos. Your priority should be using autos to get blight, and then popping them with piercing arrow. You shouldnt ever build more than 1 AS item.
Except Urgot is played bot all the time especially in high level play. He can do mid lane pretty well without getting totally wrecked because of his survivability and the way he builds. Urgot tends to be pretty tanky and still dish out punishment. Varus relies too heavily on his gear for damage.

Varus may be burst carry but it doesn't change much. Varus from what I have played and seen played is far too vulnerable to play mid. Varus is super squishy and has very little CC if he's harassing. Varus needs a lane partner with hard CC to help him survive. I'm guessing it's not impossible for Varus to do half decently in mid in the right hands but I just don't see him doing well if the opposing team has even a remotely decent jungler and/or a highly mobile mid.

Overall I'd say Varus is closest to Graves in terms of carries. He's doesn't have the mobility but if done right his range makes up for it giving him great harass. He also has an ult that can absolutely wreck a team late game. If I had to guess Riot specifically designed him to counter bruisers and other tanky characters.

├čowser

05-15-2012

Pros: the ult is really amazing in team fights. His poke range is really good and he has range for finishing off runners.

Cons: the entire time he is holding it down Q you cannot auto attack. Doesnt seem to burst people down like other AD carry. (ex:trist, graves, corki) He doesnt have a gap closing ability. He doesnt have an escape mechanism like alot of other ad carry. (ex:tristana jump, ezreal blink, caitlin net, corki jump, graves dash)

Overall i think he gets out classed in the bottom lane by other ad carries alot of the time. Hes new and i think the verdict is still out on him. Thats just like...my opinion, man.

Gahlo

05-15-2012

I've enjoyed him, haven't played enough to feel comfortable yet but he has a lot of potential. The passive magic damage on W at level 1 makes it very easy to last hit. In addition, it lets you switch marks and quints back to the oldschool meta of armor pen, giving you +31 flat and +10% armor pen. This is good enough to pierce through ALL armor early game by quite a bit and makes for a really strong lategame.

HuskarDc

05-15-2012

I like him. Cool skills, plays a lot like a caster. I usually do the typical 2x Doran into IE + PD and usually contribute a lot to teamfights come end game. The ult is great for shutting down highly mobile tanky dps like Singed, Riven, Lee Sin, etc.

Vizzlepeez

05-15-2012

Ult is great no question there and if u trigger the blight passive correctly u can burst down people really well. His clear problem is lack of escape but with his slow from hail of arrows and since his ults cd isnt that long he still can make some decent escapes when in trouble. Ive found blitz and ali the hardest to lane against bot but playing safe can keep u out of harms way...most the time lol

Lord Of Agony

05-21-2012

I've had a lot of fun with him so far and I don't normally play carry often. To play him well get good at shooting those long range shots. If you're good with skill shot champs I have a feeling you'll enjoy him