How do I lane against Vladimir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thanorodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

As Annie.

Vlad's the only champion that I actually cringe at seeing in mid against me. Unless he's completely horrible, I usually have a hard time.

Any tips?

ChibiTushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

I don't play annie at all, so I can't say that she has some secret to blow him out (Or not);

But might I suggest that some champions counter others rather well?
Perhaps you can't do much against vlad; Lane changes should be something you are not afraid to use.

Thanorodd

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiTushi View Post
I don't play annie at all, so I can't say that she has some secret to blow him out (Or not);

But might I suggest that some champions counter others rather well?
Perhaps you can't do much against vlad; Lane changes should be something you are not afraid to use.
While I realize this, I wouldn't want to switch out mid lane for a suboptimal mid lane champion who also might have just as much trouble (or more) against Vladimir.

I don't do terribly. I very rarely die, and I still get a significant number of creep kills, but Vlad always seems to dominate the lane. I might have to blue pill once and I always use my two health pots fairly early. He just gets a nice farm, and I'd rather be able to push against him at least a little bit.

If it's impossible, I mean, that's cool. I understand that some champs counter others. But I've never encountered a hard counter that I can't gain any footing against, so I'd like to think that Vlad is no different, and some tweak or change of playstyle might turn the tide in my favor (or at least even the odds).

Thanks though.

Bombast

08-15-2010

The general rule of laning against Vlad is to kick him in the chin as hard as you can as early as you can, with whatever you got. Transfussion has a horrible cooldown early on, and if you can get a head of him, you can dominate him.

Sharkpower

08-15-2010

R->W->Q he should be dead.

PardonMySwag

08-15-2010

Build up pyromania, last hit with your Q I believe it is, one burst and he'll get pretty low.

Niarah

08-16-2010

for me that was simple (played as Annie) just farm till lvl 6... don't do some think rickles...
then start charge up by hiting him.. and when he use his blood pool... Strike all u got.. R W Q and Iginte.
he is done.

Vlad is not OP when u know when u shoud strike him....
just play safe at start...

Kazeikan

08-16-2010

Dominate the lane VERY early, get a skillshot off of him and dominate the lane by negating his EXP gain since his Q is rather high on CD.

It works with a lot of champions who are weak early on unless they are confident in what they are doing.

Tanerian

08-16-2010

As Annie you tell your Mordekaiser to mid. Have him push E a lot.

On a more serious note, I dont' have a lot of experience against vlad as Annie, but plenty of experience as Annie.

Any time stun is up I would Q+W him. I might randomly toss Q's on him if I had mana to waste (I run mana regen seals, and start Dorans Ring). I'm thinking I'd try to be really agressive early, and if that ends up failing just play defensive and last hit. If you can have him to half health by level 6, he's pretty much dead.

GlitchedOut

08-16-2010

I see several things going on here.

1) He is pushing your tower hard which means he is in prime gank territory.
2) He is pushing your tower hard which means you are not prime gank-target material.
3) You are getting creep kills and exp.

What this all amounts to is getting a teamate or 2 to dive mid and punish him for being so arrogant.. or good.

Tips to help:

Wait for him to use his pool. This is his escape method. If he is using it to creep faster then he is vulnerable right after he uses it. That is your moment to stun and pounce.