My verdict on AP Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Though your build is incredibly squishy - how do you participate in a teamfight with no sustain and practically no defense?
I don't have -0- defense. I do build some Hp/level runes, HP from Sweeper and Guise if I build it, and Teemo's scaling HP was just buffed.

I am squishy though. Defiantly not a tank or a tanky dps. I have presence with.....dem shrooms.

Everywhere. All day. All over all points. If they even think of diving a tower, they're hitting 4-6 hundred damage AP mines with 40-60 flat mpen. Late game they're doing 1,000 damage with Void Staff. I push minions with them to protect points. I place them in lanes to stop waves, in the jungle for vision and to hit them when coming back from death.

The great thing about placing them on points is, you know that eventually they will be hit. Someone will be slowed and being damaged from them. And being slowed under an enemy tower while taking massive damage sure does suck for them.

And, you'd be surprised how many champions I can kite with them 1v1.

TL;DR

The thing about AP Teemo is, you know they can only get points 1 of 3 ways:

1) Minions.

Shut down with mushrooms in lane

2) Dive

Mushrooms all over points

3) BD or gank

Mushrooms for vision on mid and bottom

So with shrooms, you can effectively hinder every single way they can assault you greatly. AP Teemo is just plain boss at defending.

junseii

05-08-2012

I don't feel AP teemo has no presence, though I may be a bit biased.

A few items in Blinding shot will be taking a good chunk of enemy health, and placing shrooms correctly during a fight can immensely help your team.

Regarding the squishy comment, yes AP is incredibly squishy, hence why you pick him with a team comp that can possibly protect you, or you can hull yourself up at a tower with a nice garden of shrooms to be your defense. I've found I usually have a mixture of the two.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

imho Ap teemo is like that "everyone get wriggles and lets kill Baron at level 10-12 strategy on SR", it can prove effective, but it needs strategizing around it and lots of team coordination, things that you won't see in some blind pick matches.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
imho Ap teemo is like that "everyone get wriggles and lets kill Baron at level 10-12 strategy on SR", it can prove effective, but it needs strategizing around it and lots of team coordination, things that you won't see in some blind pick matches.
Eh, I don't really think you need to 'play' around me.

It's more like I play around you.

I think if you look at the mushrooms as the majority of my damage and think of me utilizing them in and outside team fights that you'll see he has enough fight presence for this mode.

They are AoE.

inFe eD

05-08-2012

Zaberz already proved it was tournament viable. The amount of map control AP/CDR Teemo provides is unmatched.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Zaberz already proved it was tournament viable. The amount of map control AP/CDR Teemo provides is unmatched.
Glad to hear it. Then again, there is a shade of difference between solo/duo que and full premade.

Redenbacher

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Eh, I don't really think you need to 'play' around me.

It's more like I play around you.

I think if you look at the mushrooms as the majority of my damage and think of me utilizing them in and outside team fights that you'll see he has enough fight presence for this mode.

They are AoE.
Agreed on this point. Even with AS/on-hit Teemo, you have to play around your team, not the other way around. I discovered that on SR solo Q, planting escape routes behind my team to give us a retreat when we are pushing.

It works better when your team actively utilizes your shrooms, but intelligent placement and map awareness can work both ways.

Ka0tiK

05-08-2012

People have mentioned dropping shrooms all over the place under top tower, but I honestly stack mine along the pathways south of it, couple on their lane entry to top, and at a few ward spots in the jungle off the main path so they stick around for vision. I used to plant all over the node, but all it has to do is get flipped neutral and you wasted a lot of CD timer as they are quickly taken out. With 5+ shrooms along the lower paths and smart teamates it forces them to push down lane or have themselves kited through a minefield.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka0tiK View Post
People have mentioned dropping shrooms all over the place under top tower, but I honestly stack mine along the pathways south of it, couple on their lane entry to top, and at a few ward spots in the jungle off the main path so they stick around for vision. I used to plant all over the node, but all it has to do is get flipped neutral and you wasted a lot of CD timer as they are quickly taken out. With 5+ shrooms along the lower paths and smart teamates it forces them to push down lane or have themselves kited through a minefield.
Its funny that you say this, because I'm going to tell you exactly the opposite.

I used to focus my shrooms on the jungle also. My thoughts were the same, flipping causes you to loose all your hard work and I figured we could prevent them from even getting close to the point with the jungle riddled with shrooms.

The problem comes when:

They remember your shrooming patters and walk around them in the jungle
They just give up the jungle and walk around it
They let their 200 MR tank go in front

Smart players do these three regularly. It will only take 1 rank 2 shroom after I bought my Guise to cause this reaction.

I realized that the best thing about shrooms were hitting them when I needed them. Damage carries and the lot, slow people under towers. You know for a fact they will always head to a point to try and cap it while you can only guess their path through the jungle.

If no minions are on your point because of shrooms and even their tanks fear to dive because they KNOW there is a line of them directly above and below the turret where its impossible to walk around, you've won your engagements.

They have to dive. Unless they catch 1-2 of you in the jungle out of position and snowball into taking points, you ALWAYS have the extreme upper hand by simultaneously being under your tower and having tons of shrooms with you.

And this doesn't mean just under your towers, but AROUND your towers. A lot of times while some/most of the fight will happen under towers, tanks will often initiate off points (both foe and ally) just outside of turret range. I place shrooms where ever I think team fights are going to happen.

The CDR in the build is there to make it so you can do this AND use it for map awareness, I just think priorities should go Points > Jungle.

There were so many 2v3s and 1v2s I've won top with just shrooms, darting, and running over and over. Even against bruisers and tanks.

Ka0tiK

05-08-2012

There are 5 spots you can place them where they cannot be or are very hard to walk around. This does not stop the tank from clearing them, but that has always been a problem with Teemo regardless of the map. Tanks will either buy oracles or just face check spots that would be ideal to shroom, you just have to deal with it. Shrooming that lane allows for safe getaways, minefields to bait fights into, and slows advances through the jungle. Those things help whether the dmg is tanked or not. I try and watch minimap and enemy push and make sure I have the two down on the lane entrance and near tower where I intend to shoot from. I also try to have one available to drop during the inevitable team fight or dive so I should have said more like 3-4 on node and the rest jungle/southern paths.