Need a new AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

05-08-2012

Offhand:
* Brand
* Rumble is very underplayed and quite strong.
* Viktor!
* Lux is scary if you can get really good at the spell artillery role.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Cassio or Malz

MajorUrsa

05-08-2012

Cass, Malz, and Fizz are all strong picks. Kassadin is banned in both modes

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Almost all ap's do very well in both modes. Malzahar and Viktor are my personal favorites, but it's personal preference really.

IronAegis

05-09-2012

Fizz, because then it is always FEEDING TIME!!!!!

Nekrogen

05-09-2012

AP Yi. Best AP out there.

Make sure to bring smite!

Dimwitt

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Being able to farm Q is bonus. His abilities do massive damage with great ratios. And he has an AoE stun on a short CD. Build him tanky ap with max CDR. Support your team and snipe people with Q and farm all day with W.

He's like Nasus, people just think that because he's not the same as in SR he is useless, and it's simply not so.
This... its like people magically forgot there's free gold in this game mode.

Free gold = faster AP / CDR items = Faster instagibbing people.

I think many people over look veigar and go with the he cant Q farm he's bad and still forget what veigar does. He deletes 1 champion from a fight. If that isn't valuable in a mode where a man advantage can mean the difference between winning and losing i dont know what is.

Also AoE is somehow bad ... sometimes i gotta question the logic of players.

GrignardTS

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwitt View Post
This... its like people magically forgot there's free gold in this game mode.
I'm going to have to redirect you to my "Veigar's notoriously bad early game" post.

Its not that he doesn't work with tanky cdr. Nearly every mage in this game mode builds tanky cdr. And because of this, your ultimate does a fraction of the damage. Your enemies are not rushing Cap.

Add in that you can't farm with Q and (again) his early game is if not the worst of any champion makes him one of the weakest mages.

Putting this a different way, everyone knows melee casters (panth, wu, riven) are amazing on Dominion. Why? Because they are a force early game; they have the strongest early games. The opposite will be true.

Panwar

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
I'm going to have to redirect you to my "Veigar's notoriously bad early game" post.

Its not that he doesn't work with tanky cdr. Nearly every mage in this game mode builds tanky cdr. And because of this, your ultimate does a fraction of the damage. Your enemies are not rushing Cap.

Add in that you can't farm with Q and (again) his early game is if not the worst of any champion makes him one of the weakest mages.

Putting this a different way, everyone knows melee casters (panth, wu, riven) are amazing on Dominion. Why? Because they are a force early game; they have the strongest early games. The opposite will be true.
What is inherently bad about his early game again? His Q is a short CD very strong nuke(not a skill shot). His W is a short CD very strong AoE. His R is an extremely strong nuke regardless of whether you are building AP or not(also not a skillshot). AOE STUN. I don't understand why you think his early game is so weak compared to other mages. Andy any "weak early game" he traditionally might have is over in about 4 minutes anyways.

And your early game=best champ thing is kinda silly. There are a slew of late game champs that do very well on Dom. Basically all of the ranged AD carries, Jax is kinda meh before his triforce. As well there are early game champs that can dive in power just as they do on SR.

GrignardTS

05-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
What is inherently bad about his early game again?
You can't hit his W on competent people without Rank 3 in E
You can't hit his W on competent people with Tenacity without Rank 5 in E

This means you must level your stun or be a walking Q. And his Q is ok, but its not enough. Veigar must level all his skills to be effective.

He has no escape and his only saving grace (E) is on a looong 20s CD at R1. Again, it needs to be leveled.

His ratios are -ok-. 0.6 on his bread and butter is slightly below average. 1.0 on his W is great, but its useless outside farming minions and until you get your stun ranked.

His ultimate is his one trick, which is even lessened in a mode where only a few stack AP.

I'm sure he's good once he's level 13-15. But at that point...

Quote:
Jax is kinda meh before his triforce
Of course the hyper carry duelist will be good on Dominion...'good early game means strong Dominion champion' is a generality. And one that holds.