Need a new AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

My vote goes for Brand

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2012

Ziggs is fun in domin.
So is rumble.
Bramd is also very strong.
Fizz is super fun as well.

Grantson

05-08-2012

Be one of the rare players that play Galio.

In SR he's a counter pick for any AP mid because of his passive.
In dominion he's surprisingly good at bottom lane with his AoE spells, and his magic range is great for poking at top. Also who can say no to a team speed burst?
Final reason is his ult syringes incredibly well with so many other people's ult like nunu, fiddle, kat, panth, ect.

Zarthorn

05-08-2012

Veigar is actually pretty decent on Dominion if you build a bit of CDR on him.

But you won't be a full AP role but more "supportive" using your cages and DM's to snipe and block caps, pursuits and escapes.

Panwar

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Veigar is actually pretty decent on Dominion if you build a bit of CDR on him.

But you won't be a full AP role but more "supportive" using your cages and DM's to snipe and block caps, pursuits and escapes.
It depends. You kinda start out going for more of a stun bot role, but a good game could easily net you more than 60 AP. Which can push you into the serious threat realm. And Veigar is always a threat to anyone squishy or building lots of AP.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
My vote goes for Brand
A well played brand is beautiful. He's hard to execute though.

To the above, veigar just has so many things stacked against him in this mode. Even if you CAN use him, you can't farm with his Q and the list of champions that actually stack AP in Dominion is very small.

Panwar

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
A well played brand is beautiful. He's hard to execute though.

To the above, veigar just has so many things stacked against him in this mode. Even if you CAN use him, you can't farm with his Q and the list of champions that actually stack AP in Dominion is very small.
Being able to farm Q is bonus. His abilities do massive damage with great ratios. And he has an AoE stun on a short CD. Build him tanky ap with max CDR. Support your team and snipe people with Q and farm all day with W.

He's like Nasus, people just think that because he's not the same as in SR he is useless, and it's simply not so.

GrignardTS

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
He's like Nasus, people just think that because he's not the same as in SR he is useless, and it's simply not so.
Nasus only looses the ability to farm Q. And this is somewhat not true since most Nasus go bottom anyway.

Veigar has a notoriously bad early game. I would even call it the worst early game. He's the only champion I can think of that needs to level to a certain point to even use his skills in tandem (W+E).

So you have this laughable early game. What do you get? An Opposing AP scaling ultimate and no AP ceiling with farming with his Q.

He can't farm his Q. He can't go bottom. Don't even try.

His ultimate is lackluster. Most mages just don't stack AP. Its better to get defense and CDR.

I know I know, you can use him well. You can build him tanky CDR and be a utility mage. Well Brand/Lulu/Sona/Soraka and MANY MANY others build tanky CDR, bring similar levels of utility, and WAY more damage.

Primetime Ziggs

Master Recruiter

05-08-2012

I hate Brand in SR (probably because I rarely see good ones and am terrible with him myself), but he's quite potent in Dom.

I haven't played Veigar in Dom, but I can't see such a squishy champ that waits on his cooldowns and needs a good amount of farm (both in Q and gold in general) as much as Veigar does being very good.

Zarthorn

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Nasus only looses the ability to farm Q. And this is somewhat not true since most Nasus go bottom anyway.

Veigar has a notoriously bad early game. I would even call it the worst early game. He's the only champion I can think of that needs to level to a certain point to even use his skills in tandem (W+E).

So you have this laughable early game. What do you get? An Opposing AP scaling ultimate and no AP ceiling with farming with his Q.

He can't farm his Q. He can't go bottom. Don't even try.

His ultimate is lackluster. Most mages just don't stack AP. Its better to get defense and CDR.

I know I know, you can use him well. You can build him tanky CDR and be a utility mage. Well Brand/Lulu/Sona/Soraka and MANY MANY others build tanky CDR, bring similar levels of utility, and WAY more damage.
His can use his cage and meteor to block caps, just act like Q is there to finish someone on low hp off and go for a DFG while looking at CDR items like Morello's and Ionian boots.

Getting Singed players running up to you to cage them and W> R > Morellos > DFG > Q combo them into nothing is always funny.