No more Freeweek champs in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuoBi

05-07-2012

I ask that riot removes free week champions from ranked games. Obviously players should be able to play them if they own them, but free week champs only cause problems in ranked matches. Free week champs are here to:

"1) Give new players some simple Champions to play
2) Provide a balance of types of Champions for new players
-- This allows new players to make balanced teams
3) Allow players to preview all Champions eventually"

-RiotChris http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=46045

None one of these purposes has any place in ranked, new players can't play ranked and no one should be "previewing" characters in a professional environment. In my opinion Riot could really set a good example towards acting and being more professional in ranked games through this change.

Reznorist

05-07-2012

What about me?

I have been playing since beta. I am really good on Brand because I really like combo AP's. Same with Leona and good with tanks. I don't own either of them but I could wreck face just as well on them as I could on anyone else. I mean with APs I have a pool of items I would use, same with AD, support and tank. I can take a brand new champion and play them and get a good score. If you are a person that plays free picks and have never played them before in ranked and cannot do well I would bet they have a low ELO.

Reznorist

05-07-2012

let me correct that for you

Quote:
what about this idea I will never check on again. PL0X FARX THENKS

QuoBi

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorist View Post
What about me?

I have been playing since beta. I am really good on Brand because I really like combo AP's. Same with Leona and good with tanks. I don't own either of them but I could wreck face just as well on them as I could on anyone else. I mean with APs I have a pool of items I would use, same with AD, support and tank. I can take a brand new champion and play them and get a good score. If you are a person that plays free picks and have never played them before in ranked and cannot do well I would bet they have a low ELO.
This thread is comparing the purposes of free week champs and ranked. Most players cannot hope to control and understand heroes that they have not used consistently, but allowing free week champions on ranked gives the illusion that Riot believes this practice to be acceptable. Nothing will stop low skilled people from playing heroes they don't fully understand, but by changing this Riot could promote the concept that you shouldn't play heroes you don't know well in competitive ranked, which I believe to be an extreme improvement towards the current setting.

xAlex79

05-09-2012

I support this. I would also give a fortnight when a champ is released before it can be used also. I just went +100 elo today because of cool kids playing "Varus" and not having the slightest clue how.