A few questions about Fraps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prumpie Iron Toe

08-15-2010

I want to start recording some gameplay footage to make tutorials of my own but am having some problems with Fraps.

I own fraps but am new to the program. Whenever I run it in game I am stuck at 60 fps and my game runs very slow. I was wondering what settings I need to setup either in fraps or the game itself to maximize my fps so that I can record videos at the highest quality.

I also have dual monitors, do you think this is the reason fraps is messing up?

Thanks, let me know if I need to post some more specific things, I am really not sure where to start as I haven't used the program much.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

The more programs you run, especially video intensive programs, will decrease your video performance. Fraps isn't "messing up". Capture in a lower fps, or decrease the video setting in LoL. Also, this is the LoL website, not the Fraps website. http://www.fraps.com/ is more suited to your query.

Prumpie Iron Toe

08-15-2010

Alright thanks, I guess my main question was, when I hit CTRL F LoL is indicating that my FPS caps right at 60. Is there any way to remove the cap and increase it ?

Shredon

08-15-2010

I use fraps with dual monitors fine. Recording a video at 60 fps is pointless, drop it to 30, even 25, the human eye can't see a difference of those frames vs 60. The thing with LoL is that it absolutely destroys CPUs and takes up a huge amount of CPU usage. Recording videos with fraps, especially at unneeded high fps and really high resolutions will do the same. Unless you have a really strong cpu you're going to lag in LoL. I would try lowering the fraps record to 25 fps, if you are using a high resolution consider using the half-size option to reduce stress on the CPU as well.

Zyphent

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altzae View Post
I use fraps with dual monitors fine. Recording a video at 60 fps is pointless, drop it to 30, even 25, the human eye can't see a difference of those frames vs 60. The thing with LoL is that it absolutely destroys CPUs and takes up a huge amount of CPU usage. Recording videos with fraps, especially at unneeded high fps and really high resolutions will do the same. Unless you have a really strong cpu you're going to lag in LoL. I would try lowering the fraps record to 25 fps, if you are using a high resolution consider using the half-size option to reduce stress on the CPU as well.
People really dont understand the whole "Human eye cant see" thing, there is a visible difference between 30 and 60, though 30 is still fine, once you get above 60 you cant usually tell the difference because of the refresh rate on monitors.

There should be no problem recording at 60 FPS, hell I play the game around 40 on my Laptop.