Top counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atacand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Hey guys,

I am a big top lane fan, but recently I've hit somewhat of a snag. Every time I lane against Vladamir, Kennen or Yorick I have a lot of trouble beating them in lane without heavy jungle support.

Any ideas on how to counter these champions? I prefer not to use Vladamir as a counter to Kennen and Yorick (not a big vampire fan lol)

ChubbyFrank

05-07-2012

For Yorick i would try riven because most the time she can out burst him and once she gets enough vamp, she can just farm away. Also a ad sion does good against yorick, he has no cc to stop u from attacking and u can vamp all day on creeps as he trys to stop u. as for kennen and vlad, im sorry bot i dont really know their counters well. maybe galio could do good against them? give it a try

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Yorick - Trundle, Cho'Gath, Renekton
Kennen - Vladimir, Yorick, Ryze
Vladamir - Fiddlesticks (Fear - Drain, works even if he pools)

Dildoser

05-08-2012

AD sion actually counters all three of them pretty well, as long as you start with cloth armor and 5 potions, you should be able to make the potions last until lvl 6 and from there you're in the clear

imaql

05-08-2012

For yorick,i'd say maybe riven, but for kennen and vladi,ir oh boy.

for vlad, ryze, fizz, akali, and ahri do well, especially fizz and akali. with fizz, you can take an aggressive vlad as early as level 2 with q and w! your autoattack with your w procs hits exceptionally harder against most ap mids since most rely on abilities single hit to do the damage and not aa's! but frmo what i've experienced, fizz does exceptionally well against almost all ap mids except perhaps ryze,brand.sion unless you know fizz well, but from my experience, fizz does not transfer into late game so well. as for kennen, well, ryze does pretty well against him,ahri can as well if you can react to flash ults quickly as well.morde does well, if you harass nicely. morg, a lot of people do well with kenne but I'd say his only HARD counter could possibly be ryze. because that snare... just sends him for a loop.

Jay Firaga

05-08-2012

I hate that ahri`s ult can "flash" out of danger a really long distance, I conisder it to be OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaql View Post
For yorick,i'd say maybe riven, but for kennen and vladi,ir oh boy.

for vlad, ryze, fizz, akali, and ahri do well, especially fizz and akali. with fizz, you can take an aggressive vlad as early as level 2 with q and w! your autoattack with your w procs hits exceptionally harder against most ap mids since most rely on abilities single hit to do the damage and not aa's! but frmo what i've experienced, fizz does exceptionally well against almost all ap mids except perhaps ryze,brand.sion unless you know fizz well, but from my experience, fizz does not transfer into late game so well. as for kennen, well, ryze does pretty well against him,ahri can as well if you can react to flash ults quickly as well.morde does well, if you harass nicely. morg, a lot of people do well with kenne but I'd say his only HARD counter could possibly be ryze. because that snare... just sends him for a loop.