Nobody reads this board, but here goes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draoken

Recruiter

08-23-2012

I don't have a name for this champion, but after going to that fatal bonds mechanic post, I posted in there but no one gives a rats ass. I really think this would be a cool champion, so here goes.

His main focus goes around manipulating the enemy position, and taking advantage of already bad positioning. He has the potential to heavily nuke one champion while dealing aoe to the rest, but only if he lands his spells correctly and in time.

So basically what I"m thinking

Q: Attached Cone skillshot that deals damage to all enemies hit. Enemies hit are linked with a leash that breaks at "x" range. Damage that any of the leashed champions takes will then spill onto other champions for x% of the damage on the main target, taking more splash damage if they are closer to the enemy taking damage. The leash only applies to this champion, and other champions will not able to trigger this splash damage

W: AoE spell that does magic damage and pulls all champions "x" range into the center of the radius. Would not be too large, Would not pull them directly into the center, only a set distance closer to the center.

E: Single target nuke that does above average damage (not too strong, but nothing small. It would be the basis for his single target damage since his kit is revolved around aoe)

R: AoE spell that debuffs the enemies so that they receive increased % damage from the caster (or team, but that would be a little ridiculous for aoe team comps) that also does magic damage. It could also instead by a %MR reduction, since that isn't seen very often. It would help him pierce heavy tanks, yet not completely overkill squishies.

He'd basically be a spell caster that has to close the gap, land his W to group them up, into Q, R, and then E. It'd be similar to many casters in that he singles out targets and can do good damage, and he can also do good aoe damage, but has to manage his positioning and enemy positioning to do it. There would be many different variations of which skills he casts in what order, due to enemy positioning. If they're already all grouped up, he could R - Q - W - E, but if they're not he would have to do some tricky stuff, maybe like W - R - Q - E

It would be fun too because he wouldn't be completely useless solo either. He might not be as strong because his base values on all his spells except his E would be slightly lower than the average caster, but he would have a good escape/chase through his W.

Please I would love to see a mage that works to manipulate the enemy positioning, it's way more strategic than most AP mids we see. W would not be a super huge radius either, I'm thinking the size of viktor's E, while only pulling closer to the center for about a 3rd of that distance.

Killslayer

08-24-2012

I like this concept a lot! Too many AP mids follow the same formula of stun/single target damage, This guy seems like he would be an awesome team fighter late game, similar to Brand but with even less focus on lane and more on aoe team-melting. I think his role as a team-fighting AP would be better suited for the MR reduction than the overall damage increase. Also, if the R was a straight damage increase, players would feel obligated to open with that ability, which takes away from the fun of landing a good team pull and THEN AoEing everyone down. Overall a really interesting kit! I'd love to see some art or basic descriptions in the future! Good luck

Draoken

Recruiter

08-24-2012

Bump. Enough upvotes and I will think about trying to get a name, background story, and possibly art (I can't draw for shiz)

Draoken

Recruiter

08-25-2012

bumps