Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to Graves?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NojusArturo

05-07-2012

It seems like he just bullies every laner. I play Graves myself but when I play against him as AD I normally get crushed in lane as Vayne or Sivir which are my only other two AD's. When I don't get to pick Graves, I need an AD carry that can lane against him.

I was thinking Cait and Corki are safe bets against Graves but I would like some confirmation or other suggestions on this.

Also yeah I know the support has a lot to do with the lane, but honestly Graves is pretty good with any support. If you have any suggestions on the support I should request, please let me know.

Alma

05-07-2012

ban him. havent seen one do well since. works every time.

Cether

05-07-2012

Cait can bully graves out of lane early, but graves has a much stronger late game. Corki is probably the safest bet.

Zerglinator

05-07-2012

Desecration counters graves.

NojusArturo

05-07-2012

Quote:
Alma:
ban him. havent seen one do well since. works every time.

That is an option. I do concede that.

There have to be other solutions though, since I'm not always first pick.

CG Uz

05-07-2012

Cait, Sivir, and Urgot stomp graves in lane

CG Uz

05-07-2012

You definitely shouldnt be losing to graves as sivir, use your spellshield to block his Q

Kayote

05-07-2012

My varying success against Garen is usually based on how good the Garen player is so I can't really give advice on a champion that counters him.

Geomexis

Recruiter

05-07-2012

Sivir and Vayne are horrible picks against Graves....
Try going Taric+Cait or Sona+Corki, that should keep him either zoned or at the very least make him play passively.

NojusArturo

05-07-2012

Quote:
CG Uz:
You definitely shouldnt be losing to graves as sivir, use your spellshield to block his Q

I actually have not played Sivir in ranked. I also admit I've only played her a couple times. She does seem pretty decent against him so I will try it out a bit more. I feel like she runs out of mana too easily, so if Graves gets Soraka it might be a pain.

Also, I'm leaning the most towards Corki, since his armor shred and passive would work nicely against Graves' passive. Urgot also seems pretty good and I'd like to try him out. I like champs with game changing ults.