Counter to Graves?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NojusArturo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

It seems like he just bullies every laner. I play Graves myself but when I play against him as AD I normally get crushed in lane as Vayne or Sivir which are my only other two AD's. When I don't get to pick Graves, I need an AD carry that can lane against him.

I was thinking Cait and Corki are safe bets against Graves but I would like some confirmation or other suggestions on this.

Also yeah I know the support has a lot to do with the lane, but honestly Graves is pretty good with any support. If you have any suggestions on the support I should request, please let me know.

Alma

05-07-2012

ban him. havent seen one do well since. works every time.

Cether

05-07-2012

Cait can bully graves out of lane early, but graves has a much stronger late game. Corki is probably the safest bet.

Zerglinator

05-07-2012

Desecration counters graves.

NojusArturo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma View Post
ban him. havent seen one do well since. works every time.
That is an option. I do concede that.

There have to be other solutions though, since I'm not always first pick.

CG Uz

05-07-2012

Cait, Sivir, and Urgot stomp graves in lane

CG Uz

05-07-2012

You definitely shouldnt be losing to graves as sivir, use your spellshield to block his Q

Kayote

05-07-2012

My varying success against Garen is usually based on how good the Garen player is so I can't really give advice on a champion that counters him.

Geomexis

05-07-2012

Sivir and Vayne are horrible picks against Graves....
Try going Taric+Cait or Sona+Corki, that should keep him either zoned or at the very least make him play passively.

NojusArturo

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Uz View Post
You definitely shouldnt be losing to graves as sivir, use your spellshield to block his Q
I actually have not played Sivir in ranked. I also admit I've only played her a couple times. She does seem pretty decent against him so I will try it out a bit more. I feel like she runs out of mana too easily, so if Graves gets Soraka it might be a pain.

Also, I'm leaning the most towards Corki, since his armor shred and passive would work nicely against Graves' passive. Urgot also seems pretty good and I'd like to try him out. I like champs with game changing ults.