Riot, and their non-existant filters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrotum Tuck

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingRain View Post
This is the second time my main account has received an EXTENSIVE 2 week 'ban'. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't spend hours farming ELO on it, put money into the account, or even spent time teaching others how to play on it. You can say I am toxic to the community but 99% of the time I am helpful and will play with anyone, regardless of their 'elo situation'.

Last night on my main account I had 3 games in a row (after a 15 win streak mind you) that I just could not carry myself out of. In the games, one of which a 7/0 mid cassiopeia, I asked the <guy> if running into a group of 5 while he is solo the best choice he could've made. The team ensisted I was a 'toxic' part of the community and must be reported. I am not sure why the other 3 people took his side for throwing the game, but this ensured I got those 3 reports. I followed up their insults with, "Does your right arm hurt." and then said "It must.. from THROWING!!! OOOHH". Bam, I get banned for 2 weeks.

I don't exploit the lanuage filter, I don't do anything worse then the guy next to me.... This is just ridiclious. It feels like this community, other then the pros of course, are 12 year old kids who whine, cry, and report you (mommy mommy) when you played better and thats the only way they can "Get back at you because you were actually in the right." In addition to the "mommy mommy" report, the user in the tribunal does not see that this guy is 0/12 and went AD runes with long sword build on Soraka....

You implement a language filter that CANNOT be turned off in game, and then get mad if someone says "HOLY S". Come on Riot, this is getting tiring and you're about to lose another player....

With D3, GW2, etc coming out... why would you lose fans/players because they cursed? $400 or someone saying WOW DUDE SHT.
I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that HoN is **** compared to LoL. And if you think the community here is bad. just wait till you experience their player base.

I hear you though man. The report player button gets abused A LOT. Most of the time is some 12 year old crying about how they are losing and it's everyone elses fault despite the fact that they've fed the entire game due to their own stupid mistakes. The people then try to rally the rest of the team to report, even the enemy team. And the enemy team isn't going to care why they are being asked to report an opposing player. They just do cause "hey we just won, might ass well add insult to injury."

Dylan R C Pierce

05-08-2012

I rage all the time, cruse non stop, and people say reported just about every other game. But I never get banned.

Taero

05-08-2012

...You realise you get banned for things you did the previous month right? It's not like you had those few games, got reported and then BOOM overnight 2 week ban. Cast your mind back to last month to see what you did to get banned and if this is what you're doing this month I've got a forecast for the next one you might not like to hear...

TheWolfSage

05-08-2012

I only get banned when I spend four hours queue dodging trying to play the new Champion I paid 6300 IP for because people keep taking him first or banning him, then end up leaving/AFKing a game or two because I don't hit quit fast enough.

Not going to stop me Riot. I'll be right back at it tomorrow. Maybe you should actually fix your queue system so I can OCCASIONALLY play the hero I want without resorting to Blind queues.

BlindingRain

05-09-2012

Ok lets say this... HoN was terrible, very very terrible compared to League. This makes me sad because I am now 'stuck' waiting for the ban to get lifted.

I will say that yes, I occasionally swear and rage when my team mates do the worst decisions possible x5 in a row. However, I see the 'pros' that stream do it. It just seems like such a double sided sword. This guy can do it, but I cant.