Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noxus Noms Food Creation Contest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenFalcon

06-06-2012

Mizo unade ment did you put a scene with your ramas? you had to have an ingame nom in your entry.

A Wild Magikarp

06-06-2012

Based on the title of his picture I think so. While I'm not so sure I'd want to eat an exploding mushroom, it was stated that a Teemo mushroom qualifies as a nom. I would imagine the cupcake will be a part of the snap trap mentioned as well, so that should be a valid submission.

barigrl

06-06-2012

Well since we're still waiting for the results I thought I'd share my creation:

http://bradygirlsfood.files.wordpres...ed-barigrl.jpg (http://bradygirlsfood.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lol-ganked-barigrl.jpg)

MizoAngel

06-06-2012

Quote:
GenFalcon:
Mizo unade ment did you put a scene with your ramas? you had to have an ingame nom in your entry.

I did, I put teemo's shroom and Caitlyn's trap. Thank you.

A Wild Magikarp

06-06-2012

I guarantee you you have one of the best smelling and tasting entries so far. That makes me want to go bake up some holiday cookies tonight :/

barigrl

06-06-2012

Quote:
A Wild Magikarp:
I guarantee you you have one of the best smelling and tasting entries so far. That makes me want to go bake up some holiday cookies tonight :/

Thank you!

It did turn out tasting amazing! I'm not that artistic, but the flavors were awesome! I may share the recipes on my blog, we'll see if there's interest for that... Thanks!

TriggerPixie

06-06-2012

I'm so nervous! I don't think I've got a grand prize winning cake as I'm no artist nor pastry chef, but for my first time playing with fondant I don't think it turned out too bad.

And I suppose since everyone else is sharing while we wait...

mspikachu

06-06-2012

Heres mine! It took such a long time to get all the details! I'd say I did pretty good though, especially for my first time using fondant! Everything is edible and I must say it tasted great

The anticipation is killing me!!

A Wild Magikarp

06-06-2012

One of the great perks of entering these cooking contests is the knowledge you gain from working with a lot of these materials firsthand. It's one thing to watch a show like Cake Boss, etc. and see all the cool ideas they come up with, it's another thing to try and do some of that yourself. Getting colors right, making sure things are structurally secure so they don't just fall apart, etc. takes a lot of playing with, not just reading about. I can't speak for anyone else, but the amount of time I spent redoing a lot of the stuff to make it look better taught me so many ways not to do things. It's a great hobby to get into though... even more fun when you can make stuff for games like LoL.

While I'm at it, I might as well try and sneak in a photo of a component of my submission as well. (Jolly Ranchers can go die in a fire for putting so few blue colored candies in each of their bags...) The idea here was a smashed up Taric hammer to go along with the other destruction going on.

Also, on the note of trial and error... trying to make clear pourable sugar so you can dye it blue is pretty darn hard when you're not pro enough to keep the batch from turning amber just before it's done... we'll just go with the brackish water effect though =)

mspikachu

06-06-2012

Quote:
A Wild Magikarp:
One of the great perks of entering these cooking contests is the knowledge you gain from working with a lot of these materials firsthand. It's one thing to watch a show like Cake Boss, etc. and see all the cool ideas they come up with, it's another thing to try and do some of that yourself. Getting colors right, making sure things are structurally secure so they don't just fall apart, etc. takes a lot of playing with, not just reading about. I can't speak for anyone else, but the amount of time I spent redoing a lot of the stuff to make it look better taught me so many ways not to do things. It's a great hobby to get into though... even more fun when you can make stuff for games like LoL.

Agreed! It was lots of fun figuring everything out. I re-did my Teemo like three times because I kept finding better ways of doing things. I can't wait until I get another chance to make a ridiculously awesome cake again.