Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I fear for the future of Riven :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thbigchief

05-11-2012

- It's not one thing about Riven. It's the total kit synergy. Not even mentioning no energy or mana resource to manage. She dominates most top opponents...and in this situation you would want gank help from your jungler... but she is basically ungankable due to her kit again. So your in a jam, you can try and have jungle babysit you ...but all that does is back her off until her CD's are back up. Hurting your other lanes... or you just let her win top lane.

NicoliTheCat

05-11-2012

Quote:
Amplisix:
Absolutely cannot take a thread seriously in which a red says that 'Riven doesn't have to care about her positioning in team fights because her mobility is too forgiving'.

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums.

But it's true. The only bad position in a teamfight for Riven is away from it.

NakedGranny

05-11-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
While creating champions is fun and all - you still have to make sure that the champion fits within the context of the game.

You also want to think about what future opportunities you can open up with your champion. That's partly why Lulu has an AP boost, for example - or why Nautilus/Lulu can cover so many lanes - to potentially open up more flexible compositions in the future.

(Though, to be honest, did not forsee Lulu doing so well in the lanes - I just wanted to ensure that she could be in those lane.)

i'm not sure you succeeded.

much as i like Lulu's overall idea, i'm just totally not afraid of her in lane. the Q poke everyone screams about just underwhelms me. honestly, i've been more afraid of Taric's bedazzler. Lulu's lane presence is less than Janna's, and certainly less than Soraka's Starcall.

putting Lulu mid is a guaranteed loss for your team. compare Lulu's ratios to Janna's... it's nice that she has a variety of unique tools, but they're all just so useless without absolutely absurd amounts of AP. that's unrealistic when people report you for getting CS on "support" champs.

still wondering why you guys won't nerf supports' base numbers and buff their scaling to encourage them to get away from the 0CS bull**** that's ruining laning.

it'd be nice if we got more champions like Varus, Xerath, Nautilus and Lulu to break up the stagnant meta (tell 'em we love Varus, by the way), but they won't come out fast enough. there will be a long stretch of whining while everyone clings to the old and doesn't understand the potential of the new.

Mirage Night

05-11-2012

My fear with all of this is the 'rework' concept that riot has started recently that have destroyed the play style of so many champs. Some of which they have left incomplete or once they do release it, they have been slow to buff. I fear this more then anything. In the end all I can say we will see, but past showings are far from promising.

nice ult janna

05-11-2012

Quote:
NicoliTheCat:
But it's true. The only bad position in a teamfight for Riven is away from it.

No, it's not true.