I fear for the future of Riven :(

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Philosopher

05-07-2012

Interesting.

Auhfel

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Riven's biggest offender is an AD scaling shield. This is a little over the top considering her passive also has AD scaling. Building pure damage and getting defensive bonuses is a toxic element, especially when factoring in all her escaping utility and an AoE stun.
It *has* to scale off AD, though. Putting AP into a riven build is bad. It does need to have lower AD ratios though.. IIRC it's 1:1, it honestly should be reduced to like half.

Henry Plainview

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Lifesteal, spellvamp and AP scaling shields on heroes that build AP invalidates this argument. Add that to the fact if she built like a tanky dps i.e. trinity force and defense items, her damage output would be next to nothing.
Surely this discussion should not revolve around Rivens dumb enough to build Triforce...

Freudia

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
Which has been explained as a bad idea for years now. Literally, you can find wall of text red posts from two years ago explaining why buffing underpowered instead of nerfing overpowered is an incredibly terrible long-run idea. I'm not sure why people still make this argument.
At this rate, however, top lane will literally fall into a power seep to the point where we won't even see bruisers being played top. We'll see something like AP mid, AD/Support bot, AP or AD top, tank jungle.

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Riven's W was already nerfed, as was her sustain. Imagine where she'd be NOW! XD But no, please, don't let her get nerfed. -_-

PapaGanda

05-07-2012

Lots of people main with riven, and yes, pretty much if i feel like winning, I choose riven.

MyDeadGrandma

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Surely this discussion should not revolve around Rivens dumb enough to build Triforce...
You're missing the point. Riven NEEDS a certain amount of defensive capability as does any melee fighter. She cant afford the generic metagolem build, it cuts into her damage way too much, as she doesn't have the heavy base damage to support it.

As for being OP top lane, that's just the curse of AD casters; they're either useless all game, or a ridiculously overpowered lane where nobody can trade blows with them.

See: Pantheon, Urgot, Renekton.

Bill Burr

05-07-2012

Balanced champions tend to get nerfed, so I know that feel OP.

Sanadoz

05-07-2012

Xypherous stated that Riven was purposely made to be extremely powerful because when she was first released she had to be able to take on pre nerf Lee and Irelia. Problem is they got nerfed, she hasn't.

Bekkal

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
You're missing the point. Riven NEEDS a certain amount of defensive capability does any melee fighter. She cant afford the generic metagolem build, it cuts into her damage way too much, as she doesn't have the heavy base damage to support it.
You're saying this as if every one of those values can't be changed. Note that I am not suggesting anything here - I actually have literally never played Riven, and know only enough about her to be able to fight her.

However, imagine they nerfed the ac scaling on her shield to 0.3 instead of 1 (or whatever), but increased the ratios of her attacks by 66%. Then, one can either build glass cannon or one can build metagolem.

Again, this is just to show that moving power around or utterly changing how her scaling works is possible. These aren't genuine suggestions (she kind of suffers from Xin Zhao's balancing problem if the above is done, for instance - brokenly ridiculous or relatively ineffective).