I fear for the future of Riven :(

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Miku

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Seems like whoever i play is destined to be nerfed to hell and back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus316 View Post
She will be nerfed, but probably not into oblivion. She doesn't have godly sustain like Irelia had.
Riven's biggest offender is an AD scaling shield. This is a little over the top considering her passive also has AD scaling. Building pure damage and getting defensive bonuses is a toxic element, especially when factoring in all her escaping utility and an AoE stun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beatrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewanderer View Post
Wasnt Riven already nerfed awhile back?
Doesn't matter how many times a champion is nerfed. If they're still not balanced after so many nerfs, more are needed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frizzy350

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Riven's biggest offender is an AD scaling shield. This is a little over the top considering her passive also has AD scaling. Building pure damage and getting defensive bonuses is a toxic element, especially when factoring in all her escaping utility and an AoE stun.
if u take that shield away tho, shes pretty useless lategame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmikau

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudia View Post
The thing I'm seeing is that every time a solo top is nerfed, someone else becomes the "THIS CHARACTER IS OP PLEASE NERF" top laner. Every time. At this point, it's best to not nerf top laners and instead buff the weaker ones up to an even playing field.
Which has been explained as a bad idea for years now. Literally, you can find wall of text red posts from two years ago explaining why buffing underpowered instead of nerfing overpowered is an incredibly terrible long-run idea. I'm not sure why people still make this argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
To be honest, the only people I have seen actively campaigning against Riven nerfs are Riven mains, which is unsurprising.
Well I don't want them to nerf her because I bought her with RP on sale and I haven't been able to play her yet at all because of computer troubles...At least just wait another month Riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whizzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

I personally think riven needs nerf. The only nerf i would really propose though is a huge nerf to her health regen. I think its ridiculous that she can dish out so much damage while having the highest base health regen in the game. Her lane is just too strong and it evolves into a hyper carry teamfighter late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharksack

Senior Member

05-07-2012

80% of the featured games I see on the spectate screen have a Riven.
The only reason she's played so often is because Shen is always b7'd though.

To really balance her her early game needs a nerf and her late game needs a buff--no champion with no set of items can hang with her level 1, whereas lategame her damage falloff is noticeable even if you have 20+ kills (see my last game with her, 31 kills and I think 3 deaths)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
Riven's biggest offender is an AD scaling shield. This is a little over the top considering her passive also has AD scaling. Building pure damage and getting defensive bonuses is a toxic element, especially when factoring in all her escaping utility and an AoE stun.
Lifesteal, spellvamp and AP scaling shields on heroes that build AP invalidates this argument. Add that to the fact if she built like a tanky dps i.e. trinity force and defense items, her damage output would be next to nothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Well I don't want them to nerf her because I bought her with RP on sale and I haven't been able to play her yet at all because of computer troubles...At least just wait another month Riot!
Clearly, your argument is looking at Riven's effect on overall game health . . .

It's a valid point, but the logic behind it would be terrible for any business to use :P


12345612 ... 44