I fear for the future of Riven :(

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Philosopher

05-07-2012

Riven the next Irelia? I am seeing more and more thread complaints about Riven and how strong she is, needs to be looked at etc... Do you guys think this is the case? And being a Riven main it worries me that she may be nerfed into oblivion

Edit: I never meant literally the next Irelia, just in the sense of being complained about constantly and then being destroyed

Emofreezer

05-07-2012

All of the Riven threads I see also have ways to completely erase her.

Best Philosopher

05-07-2012

Bump. would like to hear thoughts.

Anoetic

05-07-2012

Well, shes never gona be the "Irelia" because the reason Irelia was such a severe case is because of her :

1. Sustain
2. True dmg
3. Tenacity

These things easily appear "op" and Riven does not have any of these, so no, I dont think Riven will be the next Irelia, but regardless, Riven IS very strong, just not op

Edit: Irelia's kit is too flexible, Riven is not as flexible

BloodWorth

05-07-2012

no, She doesnt have kit sustain or True damage. I think she is in a good place.

edit : shen'd

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

05-07-2012

I thought Warwick was the next Irelia already.

"Dat sustain, can't push out of lane, all that damage for free builds tank omg!"

Snuffleupagus316

05-07-2012

She will be nerfed, but probably not into oblivion. She doesn't have godly sustain like Irelia had.

Darmikau

05-07-2012

I don't know why people say "the next Irelia." If champions are overpowered or toxic, they get nerfed. That's how balance works.

In Riven's case, yes, she's probably going to be seeing nerfs in the near future. She's already one of the choice picks for top lane, easily competing with the top tier sustain bruisers, and they're being nerfed while she isn't. She, like many of the champions that came out last year, is a victim of A) Having too much mobility with very few drawbacks and B) Having too much stuffed into her kit in general. She has AD mechanics that make her incredibly snowbally, and her one weakness, no innate sustain, is countered by her high HP regen and the efficiency of stacking Doran's blades. When people ask about Riven's counters, people tend to either avoid the question, or come up with incredibly niche counters that generally don't make sense for the majority of players, who either A) Don't counterpick anyways or B) Understand and employ counterpicking but realize that the effectiveness of the counterpick generally may not be worth it (for example, even if Rumble does perfectly counter Riven, that's simply one champion that ignores outside circumstances - Rumble may not necessarily fit your team, or be ideal versus the enemy team outside of counterpicking Riven).

To be honest, the only people I have seen actively campaigning against Riven nerfs are Riven mains, which is unsurprising. On the other hand, I almost never see anyone make the claim that's she's a perfectly balanced champion, and she frequently comes up in "Who's a strong top lane" and "What champion can carry me to high Elo" threads.

Lonewanderer

05-07-2012

Wasnt Riven already nerfed awhile back?

Freudia

05-07-2012

The thing I'm seeing is that every time a solo top is nerfed, someone else becomes the "THIS CHARACTER IS OP PLEASE NERF" top laner. Every time. At this point, it's best to not nerf top laners and instead buff the weaker ones up to an even playing field.

1234511 ... 44