Irelia vs Jarvan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheespiemortay

05-07-2012

Should i get irelia or jarvan, i am looking for a good solo top ( I dont want any suggestions for other champions)

zomgz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Irelia has better sustain and (in my opinion) more damage. She's a more dangerous overall top lane to play against, whereas jarvan would be filling more of a tank role if the team needed it.

VuklavZ

05-07-2012

Ya i agree with zomgz, Irelia, is much more better. She has a great ability for gathering creep score, has great sustain with her ult( mostly used on minions to get health), has a stun/slow (extremely useful), and her best ability of all is her W, so much true damage, and health per hit, really puts seperates the okay irelia players from the amazing ones. The only thing Jarvan has going for himself is the ult, and his knock up, a standard build for him is going tank. While Irelia is more of a hybrid/off-tank, and a deadly one at that

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

In just the solo top arena, Irelia wins out.
Jarvan is more versatile though (Bot kill lane, jungle, solo top)

If you're looking for just solo top, Irelia hands down. Comparing the two champs overall? Jarvan has quite a bit to offer and that ult is not nearly as useless as everyone pretends it is. It wins games. (Burn a flash, block a corridor to allow your team to escape a potential ace, block a team trying to get away, trap peeps under turret, solid ganks)

NuEloS

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarmitis View Post
Ya i agree with zomgz, Irelia, is much more better. She has a great ability for gathering creep score, has great sustain with her ult( mostly used on minions to get health), has a stun/slow (extremely useful), and her best ability of all is her W, so much true damage, and health per hit, really puts seperates the okay irelia players from the amazing ones. The only thing Jarvan has going for himself is the ult, and his knock up, a standard build for him is going tank. While Irelia is more of a hybrid/off-tank, and a deadly one at that
U forgot to factor the fact that Jarvan shout "DEMACIAA!!", that by itself is pretty interesting.

corallein

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarmitis View Post
The only thing Jarvan has going for himself is the ult, and his knock up, a standard build for him is going tank.
And that's not enough? Let's add some things then.
1. Armor and attack speed aura for teammates.
2. AOE Slow
3. Percentage armor reduction.
4. Percent health damage on auto-attacks.

Irelia is probably easier to use, but I would say that Jarvan brings more to team fights. Well, at least in a well-coordinated team he does -- it's extremely easy to use Cataclysm poorly and screw over your own team more than your enemies.

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

05-07-2012

Pure solo top: Irelia wins hands down. Otherwise, I'd go for Jarvan. I've played both and Jarvan is deffs a better team fighter, but I like Irelia's true damage moar

Rule 34

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
And that's not enough? Let's add some things then.
1. Armor and attack speed aura for teammates.
2. AOE Slow
3. Percentage armor reduction.
4. Percent health damage on auto-attacks.

Irelia is probably easier to use, but I would say that Jarvan brings more to team fights. Well, at least in a well-coordinated team he does -- it's extremely easy to use Cataclysm poorly and screw over your own team more than your enemies.

Le Krow

11-03-2012

Well if these two were to face solo top I'd say irelia would kick his ass i just had this matchup this irelia went flat ad reds armor yellows mr per blues hp regen quints got tabi and 2 dorans shields into phage out traded and out sustained j4

Ashlea

11-03-2012

I gotta vote Jarvan, but maybe I'm biased. I have a friend who plays Jarvan solo top quite often and I see him easily take down Irelia nearly every time. Like stated, as well, he brings more to teamfights.