Passive Idea - Renekton Reign of Anger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geocorporation

05-07-2012

The Current Version -
Reign of Anger - Renekton gains Fury for every autoattack he makes. This Fury can empower his abilities with bonus effects. Additionally, Renekton gains bonus Fury when he is low on life.

What it does -
It means that he uses rages, and when he's low on life, which is a bad idea for a bruiser champ, that he gains .5 more bonus.

My Suggested Version-
Reign of Anger - Renekton gains Fury for every autoattack he makes. This Fury can empower his abilities with bonus effects. Additionally, Renekton gains a bonus .1/.3/.5 AD per point of rage he has.

What it does-
Well instead of gaining that extra .5 fury bonus, Renekton will gain .1 AD per rage point. Meaning early game he'd have 10 extra ad if he saved up his Fury and kept it at 100, and end game the bonus would equal 50.

Why this change -
Many people find Renekton to be currently a decent champ. and I'm not denying that. But almos everyone finds Renektons end game to be rather... disappointing. This problem has alot to do with the fact Renekton has alot of Damage early game and below average damage late game. This change would make his early game slightly stronger if Renekton decides to keep a constant 100 rage. But would also make a strong difference to him late game.

Why this Change could be op -
I dont find this new passive to be op... Late game if he blows his ult he'll basicly gain a free BF sword which could lead to him hitting harder than he currently does.. But thats late game where Renekton is a below average champ.

Comments, questions are welcomed.

Geocorporation

05-07-2012

bump

Geocorporation

05-07-2012

bumpp

Geocorporation

05-07-2012

bump

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

You bumped yourself 3 times in 40 minutes...

Anyway, there are a lot of suggestions to make Renekton's passive more effective. This one might be a bit strong, considering you're giving him free AD which scales with his skills. Add in the fact that only one of his skills doesn't boost his Fury gain and it's not going to be hard past the laning phase to keep your Fury up in a team fight.

solidfake

05-16-2012

I added your thread to the main Renekton suggestion thread in the general forum!

It sounds like a quite good balanced suggestion and would certainly help him lategame, though it seems to target the wrong points, Renektons real problem is not too few ad, but his high cooldowns and that he can't get sufficient fury lategame to enhance his abilities. Also this change would create a decision between using your fury for your abilities or for your enhanced autoattacks, which is certainly interesting by itself, but won't do very much because of his high cooldowns.

5trangr

11-09-2012

personal i love Renekton and play him with damage early game then more tanky late game i end most of my games with with something like 230 ad and 3400 health not to mention the somewhere around 200 magic resist and armor. which ends up with him have adequate damage and adequate tankyness to survive. The only way to improve his late game with out making him op would probably reduce his cooldowns, maybe not even all his cooldowns maybe just his q but still would make him more survivable and more damage dealing all at the same time just with alittle less cooldown.

PerfidiousAlbion

11-09-2012

I guess this depends on if that bonus AD counted towards abilities which are lowering his fury level.