What does mia stand for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlikeIke

08-15-2010

I dont get it. I know it means someones missing, but how does m.i.a mean someones missing..

GoldenPlum

08-15-2010

Missing in action. It means you can't see them on the map.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

and its safer to just pay attention to ur minimap and dont over push ur lane b/c if some1 really wanted to gank u.

they can ghost from mid to u in under 10 secs

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanaftw View Post
and its safer to just pay attention to ur minimap and dont over push ur lane b/c if some1 really wanted to gank u.

Well first, that wasn't the point of the thread. Secondly in many way it is NOT safer to use your minimap because looking at your minimap does not tell you that your opponent(s) are actually Recalling. Or anything else, which depending on your mia caller, might signal a mia. Amongst other things.

GoldenPlum

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
Well first, that wasn't the point of the thread. Secondly in many way it is NOT safer to use your minimap because looking at your minimap does not tell you that your opponent(s) are actually Recalling. Or anything else, which depending on your mia caller, might signal a mia. Amongst other things.
yea...the mini map is very important all you have to do is glance at a for a few seconds...

ayanaftw

08-15-2010

maybe if u have 5 ppl on vent calling mia's safer but in a pub game which most ppl play

its better to depend on urself for that

Hypersauce

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanaftw View Post

Thank you. I've been called a noob for saying this more times than I can remember. Sometimes you don't really have an opportunity to stand still and type "MIA", there might be a fight going on, or you might be watching for a gank yourself. Hell, like you said they can ghost to a lane so fast, by the time you get to safe spot and type MIA, they might be there already. I find it easier to just ping the map a bunch of times.

Don't get me wrong, I call MIAs when I can, but people can also look at their maps.

lubermanl

08-15-2010

Man I'm Angry.
Move I'm Alight
Mauve Internet Alligators
Manly Intellectual Approaches
Manly Italian Allegory
Make It Again
Man I Am
Market In Albany

Mhm916

08-15-2010

Why exactly did the OP get downvoted for asking a fair question as a Junior Member?

ayanaftw

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
Thank you. I've been called a noob for saying this more times than I can remember. Sometimes you don't really have an opportunity to stand still and type "MIA", there might be a fight going on, or you might be watching for a gank yourself. Hell, like you said they can ghost to a lane so fast, by the time you get to safe spot and type MIA, they might be there already. I find it easier to just ping the map a bunch of times.

Don't get me wrong, I call MIAs when I can, but people can also look at their maps.
yea i still get ppl who say "little late"

im like i literally saw him go into a bush and started typing u want me to see the future or something?