Vayne doesn't feel like Vayne since the nerf.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockpops

05-07-2012

Let me just make one thing absolutely clear. I am NOT commenting on the overall balance of Vayne. Deciding whether she is overpowered, underpowered or whatever is for people smarter and more experienced than me to decide. I am commenting on the champions design, how fun it is to play. It can be hard to remember that this forum is for champion feedback, not neccessarily champion balance.

I've played a hell of a lot of Vayne, both post and pre nerf (Sejuani patch) she's probably the closest thing i have to a "main". I love her asthetic and the way she used to play, but that patch pretty much ruined it for me. Her ability to relentlessly hunt you down was kind of her unqiue and defining aspect, so losing 15 MS for chasing (35 with ult) just makes her whole character feel hollow, like something feels missing. Its like if Kassadin hypothetically got his ultimate range nerfed, or its cooldown significantly increased. This is a more extreme example, but i hope you get my point

The passive no longer feels like a unique trait to the character now that it simply allows me to equal the movespeed of a select few champions with naturally high movespeed, and ONLY in a specific situation. The ultimate doesn't feel like an awesome chasing ability anymore, in fact, i find myself being kited for a significant duration of it. Vayne, the Night freaking Hunter, the carry/assassin hybrid with a kit that revolves around chasing, being countered by KITING. Perhaps that was intended as sort of a counterplay, but i thought her small range, total squishieness and relatively weak laning phase was counterplay enough.

All i ask is that if you think Vayne is worthy of these nerfs, further accentuate the counterplay that already exists. Dont take away what makes Vayne...Vayne.

I know that this is an incredibly late reaction to the nerf, but i refrained from making a post at the time because i figured i would just make a biased kneejerk reaction to the nerf that would contribute little to any discussion. But now, the more i play Vayne, the more i cant shake the feeling that something is...missing.

RexComplex

05-07-2012

Yea movement speed was big on Vayne. Post-Nerf the movement speed you get from your Final Hour + Phantom Dancers, you could literally catch anyone. Now it's very weak to the point where champs with dashes can outrun you even when you have red buff.

I run movement speed quints to make up for some of that lost ms, and usually after you get your zeal, your movement speed is fine.

However I do agree that it was something I miss on Vayne post nerf.

Rockpops

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexComplex View Post
Yea movement speed was big on Vayne. Post-Nerf the movement speed you get from your Final Hour + Phantom Dancers, you could literally catch anyone. Now it's very weak to the point where champs with dashes can outrun you even when you have red buff.

I run movement speed quints to make up for some of that lost ms, and usually after you get your zeal, your movement speed is fine.

However I do agree that it was something I miss on Vayne post nerf.
I run movement speed quints on a lot of champions, but its something i find very hard to do on Vayne because changing out flat AD quints for them makes your already bad early game even more difficult.

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

I don't understand this logic:

Community: "Vayne does too much true damage, she's OP!"
Riot: "Nerf her tumble and condemn!"
Community: "Ehh, no, She does too much true damage..."
Riot: "Ok, we'll nerf her tumble again and her base stats?"
Community:"Jesus - Riot, her true damage is insane"
Riot: "Nerf her movement speed!"
smh

ProfDrDeath

05-07-2012

Thinking about her true damage, the only problem there is the fact that you practically can't really counterbuild against Vayne (except AS slows, ofc).

You get a lot of resistances to counter her non-true damage - too bad, the flat part of Silver Bolts will wreck your a...backside.
Building more health will result in the %-based damage wrecking you over, in addition to her normal damage.

Imo, they should reduce or even remove the flat true damage part of Silver Bolts. In exchange, give her her speed back...

Kagami

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTedRo View Post

smh
I don't play Vayne much... but THIS. Riot keeps claiming true damage is balanced and instead nerfs her other areas.

PeteyPiranha

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTedRo View Post

smh
That's the sad part. Her true damage is so good, that u can literally build her all tanky/attack speed items and still do acceptable AD carry level damage, but only better bc she is significantly more durable and much harder to kill.

holy bongos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2012

The reason Vayne doesn't feel like Vayne anymore to you people is that when people skillfully elude Vayne via skills so they can't be killed, she can no longer bull****tingly catch up to them.

TLDR: Vayne no longer is capable of getting 1v1 kills 90% of the time. Maybe 85% now.

Seshia

05-07-2012

Vayne is my one and only AD carry, and I have only played her post-nerf.

First, let me say that her laning phase is TERRIBLE. Her short range and low HP makes her fodder for any opposing AD carry until higher levels. When I was first playing her I thought the solution to this would be Berserker's Greaves, giving me an early game buff to my silver bolts, but that actually didn't do too much. Boots of Swiftness are KEY on her. Also, when chasing, after you roll throw a shot at a champion, a minon, a monster, ANYTHING to refresh the cooldown faster.

She is faster than most champions to start out with, and with lvl 3 boots and a phantom dancer or 2, she becomes almost inescapable, especially using her Q to close faster. Do you lose kills due to the nerf? Sure. But she's still the best AD chaser I have ever seen. She might not be so spectacular about it anymore, but I still whimper when I try another AD carry because it's the difference between being a mobile death engine and a turret who requires enemies to over commit to get kills.

Kurusugawa

05-07-2012

If you manage to proc the silver bolts bonus more than 3 times against the same target, your build is awfully wrong. I don't get how that would be OP, considering it is a minor part of Vayne's total damage. Really.

12345 ... 6