How to counter Sona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ZeroByte01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

My english its not that good, sorry if i have grammar issues here =/

Lets say its 2vs2, forget there is top and mid.

there is a carnage at bot your support and you (if you follow the meta) *insert any AD range carry here,against *insert any AD range carry here* + sona.

you know that harrasing its kinda dumb, unless you go berserk mode against their AD going uber agressive and generally losing some CS because sona has a good harras a decent heal + tankyness incorporated.

whenever i get sona+ AD range here i really, really have a hard time lanning against them.

i generally dont pick ignite as a summoner spell because i dont feel like it scales well late game, like exhaust.

i mean, ignite its superb against champions that have lifesteal or health regen but if you exhaust their AD (melee/ranged, counting somehow you are well positioned and he/she is not) its a 5vs4 and 1vs1 exhaust can really make the difference between life and death.

so, ignite its out of question here.

how to poke, harrass, still get CS and feel like im doing something bot and not a farm fest or an endurance contest.

because to be honest a good/nice Sona with mana regen really can stay there 14+ mins without even recall.

Only good thing about playing against Sona + AD its that if they make a mistake and i make them pay for that mistake its a "won lane" but if they play well im outlaned and harrass non stop.

Kanodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Actually harassing against sona is good, it forces her to use her heals. Mana is Sona's main limiting factor, if you can force her to continually be using her small but spammable heal then that's a lot of mana being spent that can't go into aggression instead.

Burst damage is also effective, again her heal is small but spammable so if you want a kill you'll need to get it in one go.

0ZeroByte01

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanodin View Post
Actually harassing against sona is good, it forces her to use her heals. Mana is Sona's main limiting factor, if you can force her to continually be using her small but spammable heal then that's a lot of mana being spent that can't go into aggression instead.

Burst damage is also effective, again her heal is small but spammable so if you want a kill you'll need to get it in one go.
Thank you Kanodin, its good to know that, ill try that next time i get a Sona in my lane

GG4eva

05-07-2012

Why is harassing kinda dumb?
I find Sona's heals to be pathetic, honestly.
Unless you're with a Soraka, almost any other support can make Sona run home if you properly fight her and her AD carry.

Kainami

05-07-2012

Soraka is the best in any attrition based lane, and can out sustain a sona combo if you just keep trading in bursts.

Recently

05-07-2012

Kill lanes counter her pretty hard. No natural escape, and very squishy. Learn blitz, or leona. Alistar can get the job done as well (max out his damage first).

Sona's only good if you let her boss you around with Q-Powercord harass. Make sure to trade when your health is still high; it will force her to burn alot of mp on heals. Then go in for a dunk.

TenshiNoBiito

05-07-2012

Any agressive support lane or kill lane can beat a sona.
Leona corki
Taric (insert carry here)
ali trist
blitz (insert carry here)
etc etc

She has no natural escape so just get a support with some CC ward her bush and when she tries to harass go all in on her. sona cant handle that

Kagemi

05-07-2012

As everyone else said, the best way to beat Sona is going all out on her. She's horribly squishy and her heal is awfully low, which means she can only use it to heal light harass off
Just make sure to do so before she starts hitting you with Q powerchords, or you'll be too low to actually pull it off. Never understimate her damage
Side note, as a regular Sona player, I wouldn't suggest trying to trade with her until she burns her mana with heals. She'll win the poke game against most supports, especially if her carry isn't a derp. Going head-on against her works better simply because she neither has the hp nor the heals to take it
Just make sure she aint 6 yet, or has the ult on cd

terrex

05-07-2012

How to counter Sona?

Make eye contact.

Zerglinator

05-07-2012

Do the Safety Dance.