should ranked teams elo be shown on summoner profile

Yes it should 227 86.31%
No it should not 36 13.69%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Should ranked 3's elo be shown on summoner profile?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wheredigo

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxichu View Post
Holy ****. Red post in the TT forums. Wine, anyone?
i just about shat myself when i saw it, i think i better go buy some rp

PurpleURP

05-11-2012

Taco
what a cop out answer
this is an easy fix, why you gotta do us like that man?

Blue Lambency

05-11-2012

I don't really read the forums much (this has probably been asked before), but I am curious how ranked team ELO will effect your overall rating at the end of the season.

Last season you got a profile badge according to your highest rating in either soloq, 3s, or 5s. Will it work the same way now, and just take the ELO of the highest team? If so, what if someone on the team hasn't even participated in any of the games played? Will they have had to play a certain % of the team's total won games or something?

This doesn't matter really, just curious... well ok, maybe it does kind of matter in the school girl show off kind of way.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

05-11-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Taco
what a cop out answer
this is an easy fix, why you gotta do us like that man?

I could see how it would look like a cop out and an easy fix at first, but as with most things software related it's not that simple. There are also a number of design considerations around the fact that you can be on multiple teams, and that people come and go from teams. I know it's not easy to swallow, but it is something were looking at.

Sauron

05-11-2012

Don't players have individual hidden 3v3 Elos that is used for forming teams, based on their personal participation in ranked teams? That could be displayed.

Blue Lambency

05-11-2012

I think that the ELO displayed should be the one of the highest ranked team that you're on, and have at least ~33.3% of the of the victories with you as a player.

Wouldn't that be a simple enough algorithm to employ for the programmers? As for design, a little % number could be displayed beside each member of the team (on the "Team Roster" page) indicating how many victories they have participated in.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lambency View Post
I think that the ELO displayed should be the one of the highest ranked team that you're on, and have at least ~33.3% of the of the victories with you as a player.

Wouldn't that be a simple enough algorithm to employ for the programmers? As for design, a little % number could be displayed beside each member of the team (on the "Team Roster" page) indicating how many victories they have participated in.
it does sound simple, but i am no programmer. Quick question why do you think they should be involved in victories and not defeats, and also why an estimate of 33 percent, we had an earlier poster who claimed 70 percent would be better. I will edit all ideas into my orignal post later today.

good job chimpy

05-11-2012

i'm sorry guys, i am one of the 15(at the current time of my vote) who said no, not because i don't think its a good idea, but just because of the implications it could cause, an instance would be 1 team getting a really high rating then someone contacting that team and willing to pay them just so that they could join the team, play a game, and then have that very high elo.

to counter this though i suggest we have a ranked solo que...i can already hear the moans...yes there would still be people that would have no clue what they are doing(just like normal's) most would not know how to jungle, but somehow i see this as a fix to our problem of having an elo showing in our profiles.
Although this is what i truy want i do not think that anything will happen until riot decides to "fix" this map in anyway/shape/form they deem fit, so my question to tacostorm is "is this still in the works?"

Michael Stronk

05-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by good job chimpy View Post
i'm sorry guys, i am one of the 15(at the current time of my vote) who said no, not because i don't think its a good idea, but just because of the implications it could cause, an instance would be 1 team getting a really high rating then someone contacting that team and willing to pay them just so that they could join the team, play a game, and then have that very high elo.

to counter this though i suggest we have a ranked solo que...i can already hear the moans...yes there would still be people that would have no clue what they are doing(just like normal's) most would not know how to jungle, but somehow i see this as a fix to our problem of having an elo showing in our profiles.
Although this is what i truy want i do not think that anything will happen until riot decides to "fix" this map in anyway/shape/form they deem fit, so my question to tacostorm is "is this still in the works?"
i can totally see those implications, and am grateful for your response, that has been an issue that a lot of people have seen with ranked teams elo being shown.

A few ideas that have been thought considered by different people have been, having to play in a majority of games (~70%), another suggestion was to have been involved in a percentage of your teams wins (~33.3%), a further option was to use players hidden elos (the elo used when forming teams) and show that on there summoner profile.

Of course the percent's I have given up there are estimates and subject to change and they all have inherit flaws, but they are good possibility's and with some slight modifications are possible solutions.

What they don't address though is the fact that someone might join a team for example elementz joining curse, he is a legit member of there team but if crs had played a large pool of games before he joined then it would be hard for him to play in 70 percent of the total games.

so Another possibility could be that they have to play a set number of games to be eligible for there ranked teams elo to be shown.

Just possibility's, what do you guys think?

Michael Stronk

05-11-2012

90 for 22 against, I'm enjoying the disscusion, if you come up with a good solution ill put into my original post