Draft Pick pre Lv. 30 (NOT Ranked)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goddess Din

05-06-2012

Hey,

I just wanted to pitch in and ask/comment about draft pick before you've hit level 30.

At the moment I'm a level 14, and I've done quite a fair share of research into the game and I know all about the current meta, counter picks, harassing, support not stealing creeps, etc. and I have T1 runes (just cause imo T2 are a waste of IP when you can get T3 at 20) for the roles I play (normally support bot, tank/bruiser top, or jungle/ganker), so I feel fairly ready to participate in draft pick games.

I prefer draft pick games simply because of the fact that there's at least some semblance of strategy beyond everyone-picks-their-best-champ-and-smashes-things. More than that, I much prefer draft simply because the games feel much less random and chaotic.

Each of the 3 (yes only 3) draft pick games I've played so far I've done my best to pick what the team needs, and in game I do totally fine (ie. as support our carry doesn't die unless they're totally stupid, and I don't go 0/9001/0 or anything like I've seen a few people come close to O.o). Emphasis on I never complain and I pick whatever would most benefit the team.

Anyway the reason I'm posting, EVERY game I have played in draft pick so far I have been anywhere between picked on and harassed about not being level 30 and how " [I] have no right to be playing with [them]". Is there some way I can queue for draft mode and not get placed with level 30s? I personally don't care that they're higher than me at all, but even though I do better than about half of them I still get raged at for not being 30.

For now I've just been playing blind pick but I'm hoping to go back into draft ASAP. Should I just ignore them completely and keep playing it because I enjoy it and am actually semi decent? Or am I in the wrong and shouldn't be queuing for draft pre level 30?

If I shouldn't be before 30... Please remove the ability to queue pre-30, it's just frustrating

Lastly, sorry if that came out mad - I promise I'm a happy person :P I just dislike being treated like garbage -_-'

TL;DR? If I'm not supposed to play draft pre-30, please remove the option to do so!

ALtheeGreat

05-06-2012

You should play draft with me im lvl 19. We will show those puny lvl 30 's >.< and yea i also know the meta as far as supports not last hitting, when not to over extend, where to ward, etc. but will admit do have some polishing.

ARGorilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

I also had the same issue, I got flamed all through my 15-25's. All you can do is brush it off, and say gg after you go 14/3/12 as Corki.

There is no way to be matched with people under 30 in draft pick simply because 90% of the people who play it are level 30's trying to get ready for ranked. You may be behind on runes and some masteries, but really they only affect jungling significantly(as in if you dont have full armor seals for some champs it will be difficult to jungle etc.). Sometimes you do get matched up with others under 30, but chances are, they're people like you. The normal draft community is much better and cooperative than the blind pick.

TLDR; You get matched with 30s because most people playing draft are 30s getting ready for ranked, sometimes you will find people under 30, but its rare.

Goddess Din

05-06-2012

Yah like I said, being placed with level 30s is fine - the level 30s just need to learn that lower levels enjoy playing the game too, and can actually be decent at it :P

I guess I'll just try to ignore it, honestly I've just been reporting people that are outright jerks about it (one person before a game said "lmfao lv13", then after the game they said, "Lv 13 lol you have no right playing with us"). I'm not sure if reporting them is overboard but I dislike jerks >_>

And AL don't expect me to be amazing or anything, I won't say that I am. I just classify myself as a solid player that cooperates, understands the game well, isn't stupid, and plays decently. :P

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

I don't see any problems in playing Draft Normal at lower level. Just brush it off. Some roles/champions are harder to play without full runes and masteries though, so you might want to avoid playing against a heavy sustain top or playing a low sustain jungler.

Goddess Din

05-06-2012

Well so far I've gotten to play support in all the games, so glad people do everything the can to get out of it - imo it's the most fun role :P

It's good to hear it's alright for me to play draft, I was getting worried it was some unspoken LoL code or something >_>

TeknoWizard

05-06-2012

'Tis trolls trolling. Just brush it off, and use mute if need be. However, try to remain aloof about the whole thing. They're way less inclined to yell at the Kennen that's going 2/3/1 but is polite, than the one who yells back at them.

Serra ArkAngel

05-06-2012

I started draft at 20 and found it made the game waaaay more enjoyable and helped me learn more aspects of the meta. I only play draft now (29 atm) and swear by it. Keep your chin up draft is amazing.

Goddess Din

05-07-2012

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll just stick to it and brush off the level comments

Mister Simple

05-07-2012

Trolls will be trolls. I got 15/3 once and someone was like, "ooooh the only reason you have that many kills is because you're fed." I was like, " because I'm good?" They go, "no anyone can do good with tha tbuild" ***hurt feelings.