Karma or Miss Fortune?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khyber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Which one would you rather have on your team in Rift? Im trying to decide between the two. I don't know how the rift community feels about MF and I've seen Karma completely own before... so yeah give me your input.

I normally play Dom and I know how they feel about these two but not you guys.

TeknoWizard

05-06-2012

I love MF, my personal favorite AD carry.

Never played Karma, and it's said she is decent, but doesn't fit too well into a single category.

Khyber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I love MF, my personal favorite AD carry.

Never played Karma, and it's said she is decent, but doesn't fit too well into a single category.

Yeah I agree with the favorite AD carry thing...lol

I'm just asking about Karma because I've been interested in her for a while but I really don't know if I will be liked playing her very much. As in lots of people I've met think shes trash tier.

TeknoWizard

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
Yeah I agree with the favorite AD carry thing...lol

I'm just asking about Karma because I've been interested in her for a while but I really don't know if I will be liked playing her very much. As in lots of people I've met think shes trash tier.
Those are the same people who will leave if they see someone que up an Orianna or Evelynn pick. They have heard the "Uber-Pros" say someone isn't good, and latch onto that instantly. I've seen Karmas do quite well as AP casters, (That shield HURTS), and I've been in lane with great Karma supports. She just doesn't do either of these things as well as other champs can.

slimjimo10

05-06-2012

I play Karma, she's really fun and better than the reputation she has.

Khyber

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post

just curious how do you usually play her? AP or Support?

NuEloS

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimo10 View Post
+1

You can play Karma as AP or support, but recent days, people don't like Karma as AP (people will hate you for it). Personally, I like it when people allow me to play AP karma (you kite enemy)

v81633331

05-06-2012

I play karma as support because as NuEloS said, if you pick karma and call mid they will rage flame and probably give you the revive/promote eve treatment.

That being said - A good support karma can change the course of the LATE game - so if you never make it to late game, her true strength doesn't show. She has an entire teamslow/speed which can double if she uses mantra, conical AoE heal that damages which can hit her team and the enemy team, a shield that can explode, she can use on minions and allies.

I don't see why anyone would call her trash tier, you can't really compare her with other supports to be honest. Her heal is best used late game because by nature it heals based on % missing health.

People are just too shortsighted :/

Sky Sanctum

05-06-2012

People only call her trash tier because they don't understand how she works, and it's hard to get people to make a team and use Karma to her highest potential. That being said, she's one of my favorite champs to play, and can be extremely deadly in late game when she's built up.

IMO, an aoe team comp would be ideal for Karma players, It puts everyone right in the middle of the fight, where your spells will be the most useful.

I believe her learning curve scares most people away, shes definitely not easy mode like Soraka or Sona, and she doesn't have really great CC like Alistar or Taric, but she is probably the most balanced support. If you play her well and can work with your team mates, she'll shine. Oh, and yea, even if you're supporting, get some AP. Max CDR never hurts either.