Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Malphite viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bottomfish

05-06-2012

What comps is he good against and out of a possible 10, say 10 being the Mundos/Shyvanas/Udyrs, how good is he?

Kinvaras666

05-06-2012

it is rock solid.

Counterclockwork

Recruiter

05-06-2012

He's got one of the fastest clears in the game actually. (not fastest, but definitely top tier clear) Probably 9.

The Stormchaser

05-06-2012

Add on to the question above, why isn't malphite a top pick? low cd aoe, tiamat passive, good shield passive, endgame derp machine that shuts down AD carries with aoe AS slows and cc

Mugenman88

05-06-2012

He's pretty safe too, his E makes you take very little damage from the creeps, especially if your shield is up when you get to the camp

Tarics Undies

05-06-2012

Yes. Post 6 gank = kill

Dewaholic

05-06-2012

Very easy to jungle with him, his ganks arn't way to bad thanks to his slow. He's not the fastest from the start, but he is far from the slowest since he does deal AOE damage.

I'd say perhaps 8/10

Maximum Can

05-06-2012

He's a very good jungler.

The only problem is that his ganks aren't very good before level 6 unless you catch them out of position. Compared to Maokai or Alistar, who both have similar clear times and much better ganks, he's not all that great at everything. But, he is still a solid pick against an AD-heavy team, and I like playing him a lot.

2pudge1cup

05-06-2012

why isn't he a top pick?

he needs first blue buff - typically could use the 2nd. That's the only reason.

he's a solid jungle - great clear time about the same as nocturne. He certainly is useful in the woods though wiht those red buff'ed Q ganks. Stays at pretty high hp throughout due to his stomp AS debuff.

edit to add: on a scale of 1 to 10 i'd put him about an 8

Llothis

05-06-2012

it is good. I don't jungle a whole lot so I can't compare it to others. The current meta has 3 AD per team unless the enemy team goes AP jungle or top and malphs E scales off armor so it works out pretty well.

His ganks pre-6 aren't anything too special, he can slow the enemy and give himself a speed buff. After 6 his ult is amazing for ganks. He does decent damage late game with good tankiness and a 40% AS slow on his E with like 60% uptime with 40% cdr.

TL:DR Rock solid choice for the jungle unless the enemy team has no AD