[Suggestion] Rune Combiner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cooksta

08-15-2010

MY suggestion is pretty simple. Allow a kind of "re-spec" for our runes with the Rune combiner.

I have quite a number of T3 runes that I have in my rune book, be it because I made a bad decision maxing out certain runes, or otherwise.

Regardless, there are quite a number of runes that I would like to change into runes that I would actually use.

So my suggestion is;

1. Allow us to pick the runes we want to convert into, and allow it to be 1:1, meaning I can throw 1 rune in and get one rune out. As far as the more expensive T3 runes go (820's) we would have to use 2 cheaper T3 runes to get the same effect, or one expensive T3 rune. The same applies for Quints, although I would probably just have it so ONLY Quints can be converted into Quints.

2. Attach a price to it. I think 50 IP per normal rune conversion (meaning 50 IP per individual rune) and 125 IP for quints. This is roughly 0.5 and 1.5 ranked game wins respectively.

This is a sufficent amount for people to not constantly respec, but enough so that we can convert a good portion without paying a massive cost.

3. Put a timer on conversion. 1 hour or 2 hours is fine, maybe a little longer or a little shorter. This is a sufficent detterrant for people with excess IP to just constantly respec, as they would really have to wait it out regardless, but allows us to actually change to runes we want to.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I believe you should sell Rune bundles at a discounted price too.

My other suggestion is Runes for RP, but I know this would generate a lot of hate, and I do understand it goes against Riot's mantra. That being said, there's a very steep curve sloping up for new players (especially those at 20+), while those of us who have been playing for a while already have some excellent books.

Carthalion

08-15-2010

They sell Boosts so you can earn IP faster which allows you to purchase runes etc. Part of the accumulation of Runes is the journey. When you get your first Quint of Fort you feel some sort of accomplishment...take that away because you simply just bought RP and a full book of runes and it cheapens the experience. Cheapening the experience and getting everything will shorten the life of the game.

The mechanic slowing progess and accumulation of runes makes it so you might just buy a champion with RP vs. IP or devoted to learning a niche group due to your rune collection eventually branching out.

I like the idea of rune bundles but again, just playing from start to finish win or lose will earn you IP.

Valkenr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

You cant have 1:1 conversions. There are different prices for runes. Just play the 2-4 matches per rune.

BeefJerkyHunter

08-15-2010

RIOT wants you to spend IP, they want you to buy IP Boosts. Giving a method to reduce IP spending is not smart for them.