Jungling *sigh*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greekwog

05-06-2012

You say "My post is about "Practice" not "Theory"". What is the point of practicing if you aren't going to use it? Don't say stupid things please.

Foxichu

05-07-2012

I just checked your recent games, this game never happened. Also, you play only AI. Don't understand.

Tianovas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxichu View Post
I just checked your recent games, this game never happened. Also, you play only AI. Don't understand.
I play mostly Co-Op vs. AI because I enjoy being able to play the game more casually. When I get into a competitive scene, I tend to get upset at losses (which is my own fault, and something I'm working on), so even if I do go PvP, it'll only be Normals.

All that said, a jungler doesn't put your team at a disadvantage. Quite on the contrary, my most recent game had our team with DOUBLE the kills of the opponent on a Co-op vs. AI Intermediate game, with me running the Jungle. What just needs to happen is some communication before the game starts, so people can pick champs that will mesh better, rather than just locking in silently.

Or, you and Riven could swap lanes. With her mobility and harassment potential, she's a great Solo-top.

Mako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2012

You should be able to 2v1 bots top as nearly any champion. You may not be getting a ton of kills, but there's no reason you can't keep up easily.

Jungling i AI games is fine, it'd be the same deal if someone did it vs a gimic 2-top lane in a normal game.

Tyr Ahn Nee

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianovas View Post
What just needs to happen is some communication before the game starts, so people can pick champs that will mesh better, rather than just locking in silently.
I have already attempted to make such a suggestion a few weeks ago. Why can't I leave Champion Select screen???

Here is what I said in that post which was posted in the PVP.Net Discussion section:
Quote:
The entire Champion select process needs to be re-designed. The process of starting a game should be similar to WOW’s LFG tool, (as it was back when I was playing WOW.)

There should be a constant pool of players lined up to play a game, they should select a map, a Champion, a role, and/or lane that they would like to play LONG before they are ever matched with other players. The System should then pick a player from the top of that pool, that fits in with an already forming group.

Say the group doesn’t have a Mage to play mid, the system would simply pick the next player from the pool that has selected , Summoner’s Rift, Mage, Ziggs, Mid, for his choices.

And, if someone wants to leave the line up because there is a jungler, he should be allowed to leave. Instead of discarding the entire group as it does now, (which clearly doesn’t make sense) the system would simple pick the next player in the pool that fit’s the group.

Tyr Ahn Nee

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekwog View Post
You say "My post is about "Practice" not "Theory"". What is the point of practicing if you aren't going to use it? Don't say stupid things please.
If you didn't read comments out of context they would probably make more sense. Stop blaming others for your lack of attention.

Quick Rawr

05-07-2012

Isn't this your third post ranting about it?

Just get better at 2v1 bro. Udyr is a SOLID 2v1.

Start 1 in turtle for shield + sustain. Get 1 in bear next. Then alternate tiger-turtle during laning phase. If they dive, turtle before they hit you, bear as they hit you and stun then turtle for survival. They'll die. You'll get kills. You'll buy better items. You'll win.

Even if you don't AI very often and it annoys you, what will you do if the enemy jungler comes into your lane and makes it a 2v1? Forfeit the lane? Nope. Get the proper skills down and play the game.

I know you've stated you prefer AI. Well, that is simply a part of the game's meta and most people that play AI are practicing a champion for the first time and don't want to get stomped on normals while they learn a few things. It's just a part of the way the game is played. If it's super frustrating to you, play a different lane or duo with another person playing AI and you guys can lane together. Problems solved all around.

Coming here and ranting over and over again will not change the current meta. Feel free to keep trying, but you will accomplish nothing but frustrate yourself and others. Mostly yourself.

P.S. - The others were closed for a reason. You ignore ANYTHING said, you accept NO advice, and the posts are all the same angry ranting with nothing accomplished. Be willing to accept advice and change your play style, or stop the rants.

CLOSED: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=tyr+ahn
SOON TO BE CLOSED: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=tyr+ahn

EDIT: Please realize I'm not trying to attack you or anything of the sort, I'm more than happy to queue up with you anytime if you want pointers, or just someone to muck around in AI with. I just feel that posting the same thing over and over and not willing to take any advice or make changes to your gameplay, while still playing top lane is a bit silly.

Dudleydino

05-07-2012

Playing 1v2 against bots is good practice. You should be able to easily win your lane with a few kills by 10-15 minutes if you ever want to go into normals/ranked and do well.

Hell, I can do it easily, and I'm not even 1200 elo.

Vikaryous

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Isn't this your third post ranting about it?

Just get better at 2v1 bro. Udyr is a SOLID 2v1.

Start 1 in turtle for shield + sustain. Get 1 in bear next. Then alternate tiger-turtle during laning phase. If they dive, turtle before they hit you, bear as they hit you and stun then turtle for survival. They'll die. You'll get kills. You'll buy better items. You'll win.

Even if you don't AI very often and it annoys you, what will you do if the enemy jungler comes into your lane and makes it a 2v1? Forfeit the lane? Nope. Get the proper skills down and play the game.

I know you've stated you prefer AI. Well, that is simply a part of the game's meta and most people that play AI are practicing a champion for the first time and don't want to get stomped on normals while they learn a few things. It's just a part of the way the game is played. If it's super frustrating to you, play a different lane or duo with another person playing AI and you guys can lane together. Problems solved all around.

Coming here and ranting over and over again will not change the current meta. Feel free to keep trying, but you will accomplish nothing but frustrate yourself and others. Mostly yourself.

P.S. - The others were closed for a reason. You ignore ANYTHING said, you accept NO advice, and the posts are all the same angry ranting with nothing accomplished. Be willing to accept advice and change your play style, or stop the rants.

SOON TO BE CLOSED: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=tyr+ahn
Hey, someone with a brain. Neat

I'd be way more willing to cooperate and listen to things you have to say, OP, if you'd meet those of us trying to help you halfway. Instead of "NOO, I WANT IT MY WAY! WAAAAAH!"

But you won't, so I don't. Instead, I'll go with the following: How in the ever-living **** do you fail solo-top as Udyr? Pre-load Tiger, run in with Bear, Tiger again, Turtle away. HURR DURR I JUST HARASSED. Build Wriggle's, put points in Turtle, never die. Put points in Bear, escape every time. Seriously, a ****ing Down's Syndrome chimpanzee could figure it out. Players like this are toxic to this game. They can't acknowledge they're bad, they won't, and they instead expect Riot to cater to their every ****ing whim because they won't work at getting better. This is not an easy game. If you want to feel good about how much of a special snowflake you are, go back to Call of Duty. The rest of us want to push ourselves, accept criticism, and acknowledge our failings so we can get better.

I suck at this game. At least half of this forum, probably more, could kick my ass up and down the lane any day of the week as anyone they wanted. But I can admit it, and that's why myself (and others like me) will always be better than you (and others like you).

MiikeB

05-07-2012

Was your jungler ganking for you?

When I jungle I constantly keep an eye on top to make sure they don't get buried under their turret. Even an attempted gank can help pull you out and get you back into farming.

Maybe call for more ganks, a good jungler can help a team dominate. Just be ready to help on the gank, don't leave your jungler on an island when he comes to help you.