Jungling *sigh*

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

05-06-2012

May 6, 2012

Co-Op vs AI. There is Nunu, Ahri, Riven, Udyr(me) and the Jungler, Hecarim. I didn't want to go bot with Udyr against Ezreal-bot and Zilean-bot, so I went top. Ahri went mid. This left Nunu and Riven with bot.

I'm struggling top. No choice but to stay under the turret (not fun) while the two bots clear the minion waves. Meanwhile, Riven (a player obviously new to her) has died frequently on bot. Riven abandons bot and joins me top, but, she's already 3 levels down from dying. I wasn't able to farm minions or get any kills. The bots out-kill us, 2 to 1. And of course we lost the match.

What I can't understand is why it is so hard for others to understand that the addition of the "Jungler" not only forced a player to play Top Solo, at a disadvantage, leading to the inability to farm or get kills, but it also forced a player to go bot against ranged bots with a champ that they clearly wanted to go top against melee champs with, where they probably would have done better. I can't understand why its so hard to understand that the Jungler throws everyone in the game off, because we are playing against a group of enemies (bots) that DON'T Jungle.

Ugawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Having a jungler when the other team does not have one gives you a huge advantage. You know where all of the members of the opposing team are, while you have one member of your team that could theoretically be anywhere=the other team has to play cautiously so they do not get ganked. Plus, you get more experience as a team compared to the team without a jungler.

Tyr Ahn Nee

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugawa View Post
Having a jungler when the other team does not have one gives you a huge advantage. You know where all of the members of the opposing team are, while you have one member of your team that could theoretically be anywhere=the other team has to play cautiously so they do not get ganked. Plus, you get more experience as a team compared to the team without a jungler.
Clearly, you didn't read what I wrote.

Staying under Turret = Not Fun
Forced to pick up slack for Jungler abandoning a lane = Not Fun
Forced to go to a lane you didn't want = Not Fun

Bots don't know the meaning of "Caution". They are AI.
My post is about "Practice" not "Theory"

Ugawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Learn to 2v1. You have the advantage, esp with bots. Sorry, can't really give advice, since bots should just be about practicing and learning a champs abilities instead of actual serious gaming anyway.

Xsilverpheonix

05-06-2012

I didn't know people actually lost Co-op v. AI. Thanks for the insight =)

accuracy1st

05-06-2012

jungling is as about as usefull as the solo lane or mid lane. i mean every time i jungle i get about as many minion kills as mid or solo top, and usually a solid amount of overall gold in the game. if i start ganking early, usually am the one on my team with most assists and a solid amount of kills despite playing a tank jungler. also since you are a jungler you are rarely around opponents only time is when you are ganking and have an edge. so dieing rarely happens as a jungler. my kill death ratio is almost always in the positives. if not that then few few deaths.

accuracy1st

05-06-2012

just one trip through jungle is 15 kills on minion count. which is solid.

TeknoWizard

05-06-2012

If you're going to have a jungler in an AI game, then try picking up Cho'gath or Maokai for toplane. They can farm pretty easily and 2v1 quite well. Galio is decent at 2v1's also.

Vikaryous

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Ahn Nee View Post
May 6, 2012

Co-Op vs AI. There is Nunu, Ahri, Riven, Udyr(me) and the Jungler, Hecarim. I didn't want to go bot with Udyr against Ezreal-bot and Zilean-bot, so I went top. Ahri went mid. This left Nunu and Riven with bot.

I'm struggling top. No choice but to stay under the turret (not fun) while the two bots clear the minion waves. Meanwhile, Riven (a player obviously new to her) has died frequently on bot. Riven abandons bot and joins me top, but, she's already 3 levels down from dying. I wasn't able to farm minions or get any kills. The bots out-kill us, 2 to 1. And of course we lost the match.

What I can't understand is why it is so hard for others to understand that the addition of the "Jungler" not only forced a player to play Top Solo, at a disadvantage, leading to the inability to farm or get kills, but it also forced a player to go bot against ranged bots with a champ that they clearly wanted to go top against melee champs with, where they probably would have done better. I can't understand why its so hard to understand that the Jungler throws everyone in the game off, because we are playing against a group of enemies (bots) that DON'T Jungle.
I see you're still a terrible, terrible player. Downvote and move on, folks

Berthkgar

05-06-2012

Udyr can solo top... you start with turtle for sustain and you go bear for the stun, then hit up your Tiger to push, or phoenix to farm the wave >.>