How do you stop a Karthus...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImBahBz

05-06-2012

he is an AP hyper carry, kill him and win the game when his ult is down. the longer the game goes on the better karthus gets.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharbyQue View Post
It always seems that I beat him in lane/kill him and then he goes from 0-4 with 60 cs to 7-4 with 170 cs. How do you stop him from being useful? D:
I can literally not have a bad game with karth, even if I have a bad early game, his late game and teamfight presence is so crazy it doesn't matter.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
Many champions feature strange things such as stuns or silences. Great against long casts, generally.
and that does what exactly? karthus can ult when he is dead and you can't stop it.

not that it matters because most of his damage is not his ult.

if he gets fed you pretty much lost because he is a trynd that has 5 tiamats. long range champs are your best bet, I would imagine xerath would work well because he can kill karthus before karthus gets close enough to deal damage.

NeonChinchilla

05-06-2012

against a karthus its generally a good idea to have someone with cc focus him as much as possible, his ult is a channel and can be interrupted.

Building items such as a banshee veil (unreliable but can save your live), a zhonya's hourglass (my personal choice for ap's) or a maw of malmortius (haven't tested but works on paper) for ad's

karthus has a super weak lane imo, I can always out harass and deny him for days but once he gets enough mana to use his circle of death as much as he wants his farming becomes a lot like morgana.

really just worry about stopping his kills, deny him farm as long as possible but karthus getting fed off kills is always a horrible idea.

SharbyQue

05-06-2012

The only champ I feel that outdoes him is Anivia.

SharbyQue

05-06-2012

And it's not laning, I always beat a Karth in lane. Its just that while we are winning he goes and farm then kills from his ulti snowballs him out of control. =/

Wife Beater Matt

05-06-2012

soraka

Etherdreamer

05-06-2012

I was maining Kathus and exist a simple good way to counter it, you can find it in store and a lot of items have the solution.

-Also good Vlad counter it kitting like a boss counter it.

If youre going to mid, you need to know how to deal with every single champ, if you canīt, tower hug and pray your jungler is good.

SharbyQue

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherdreamer View Post
I was maining Kathus and exist a simple good way to counter it, you can find it in store and a lot of items have the solution.

-Also good Vlad counter it kitting like a boss counter it.

If youre going to mid, you need to know how to deal with every single champ, if you canīt, tower hug and pray your jungler is good.
Guess I have to say it again, it's not his Laning that I have issues with, it's his late game. I can't find a way to make him useless/underfarmed. Because all it takes is for him to get one good ulti off and its over.

CCC Powerhead

05-06-2012

With the /surrender command.