Messages While Spectating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roalith

05-06-2012

I believe that there is something that is a small problem for spectator mode. It is the /whisper chat.

In game, it says while spectating that chat is reserved to players and that you can /whisper and /reply (/w, /r). What happens though is that when you whisper a friend that is in-game, they see your whisper, but when they reply back the message does not appear while you are spectating.

There are a few reasons why this should be changed:

- If people are watching a stream, the people and the streamer have options to chat with one another.

- You may be spectating while your friends are not on to play, and someone logs on and messages you asking you to back out of spectating and play a game. You do not even see this message until after you leave spectator mode.

- It makes it easier to chat with someone that is spectating you via the friends spectate. I am playing a game and a friend is spectating me, he already has a 3 minute delay behind my game so he messages me about a play that was done 3 minutes ago with a compliment or feedback. For him to see the message, I have to use /all chat (you can see /all while spectating but not whispers) to say something back, which he then sees 3 minutes later. I understand that we can use Skype/Ventrilo/etc but whatever.

The tooltip in-game already seems to state that it works the way I am suggesting but in reality it doesn't. I want spectators to see whispers and replies while spectating, and in real time. It isn't really exploitable because there is already a 3 minute delay on everything they see from the game itself.

Roalith

05-15-2012

Bump

Jpedrobtu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Its even worse when a friend is spectating you and then the game's over and you try to tell him "cmon man, game ended, lets play one match"

BrightnShiny

05-15-2012

This is a ridiculous thing, chat needs to penetrate spectator mode!!!

Mr Whoople

05-15-2012

Hope you realize that PVP.net and the actual game are two separate things.

º i N k z º

05-15-2012

bump for knowledge!

VinTheRockDiesel

05-15-2012

Actually, you can carry on a conversation - for a while. But after a few minutes, you'll notice that /r no longer auto-fills the person's name, and then they'll get your messages but you won't get theirs until you exit to the client.

Ganking Mid FTW

05-15-2012

you know you can see messages when spectating if you hit the chat check mark