Why cant sell runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoeniximus

08-15-2010

I think it will be nice if we can sell runes that we dont need any more even with penality on price.

FckMan

Recruiter

08-15-2010

that recycle **** is dumb, i only use it to clean up space.

Swordle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

I'm a gambling man and I always lose

Phoeniximus

08-15-2010

recycle is worthless cause i gambled all of my tier 2 runes but dont get even one usable rune

MrEnder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2010

I have to agree i want to sell all my **** runes

Carthalion

08-15-2010

Bad idea. As much as I'd like an IP refund on some runes, the fact that you get IP for winning or losing (+ a bonus for your 1st win of the day) you're asking for something for nothing. Do research, invest in runes that you can use with more than one champion until you earn more IP to get more runes. Eventually you'll have every combination of runes that you consider viable.

If the free game has instant access to everything unlockable or purchased you'll get bored of it fast.

I'm just glad they even included a combiner.

Legend Assassin

08-15-2010

I would have to disagree. Allowing a player to sell previously purchased runes at a penalized rate doesn't provide any secret features right away. And although IP doesn't cost a thing it is still earn, imo worth a lot more that RP because it takes a long time to gain the amount you need. In situations like mine where my normal role in premade teams has changed from dps to tank I need all new runes. It sucks that I have to go in as a dpsing tank. I think a 20% penalty for selling would be enough to keep people from purchasing something without thinking but still be there for people in my situation where I need the switch. Plus there are a ton of champs and to be limited in the play style sucks, especially when the promote change weekly with different champs. Just my two cents whether you agree or not, just saying I too hope they all sale of runes.

Legend Assassin

08-15-2010

Sorry for misspellings wrote the above on my phone.

TiV3

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthalion View Post
Bad idea. As much as I'd like an IP refund on some runes, the fact that you get IP for winning or losing (+ a bonus for your 1st win of the day) you're asking for something for nothing. Do research, invest in runes that you can use with more than one champion until you earn more IP to get more runes. Eventually you'll have every combination of runes that you consider viable.

If the free game has instant access to everything unlockable or purchased you'll get bored of it fast.

I'm just glad they even included a combiner.
dude you get the whole game for "nothing". I don't see how that's a counter argument to getting back a fraction of the spent ip ("nothing") by selling some useless runes ("nothing" too)

how would runes be "nothing" in the first place if you claim ip being "something"?

Carthalion

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiV3 View Post
dude you get the whole game for "nothing". I don't see how that's a counter argument to getting back a fraction of the spent ip ("nothing") by selling some useless runes ("nothing" too)

how would runes be "nothing" in the first place if you claim ip being "something"?
The game's free to play, we know that. Specific runes help make your playing experience better in the form of having an edge, advantage, whatever you want to call it. You could play with no runes at all...but having better runes faster gives you a competitive edge which you don't get early in levels or even the first time you hit lvl 30.

Buying and trading in outdated runes is already in the the form of the combiner. If you could get a fraction of the IP spent on your rune trade backs you in theory would be spending less IP on runes so you could invest them into unlocking new champions instead...and from a marketing stand point Riot loses opportunities to make some profit. Also some ppl would be playing less since they don't need to grind out IP to get their next set or ideal set of runes.

Sure you could just never pay a single dime on anything, skin, boosts, new champs etc but a lot of ppl do buy RP and new champs w/RP, skins, boosts, etc. A lot of players are impatient and that's why they give you the option to purchase EXP and IP boosts.

Give them a vehicle to trade their runes for a fraction of IP and you make a wrinkle in their system.