Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus, Irelia, or Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggly Johnson

05-06-2012

what is this buff to irelia you all speak of?

Atacand

05-06-2012

Garen is fairly straight forward champion with a very small learning curve. Easy to play, but easy to counter.

Nasus is a "just let me afk farm top for 30 mins and i will steam roll" champion. His mechanics are also pretty straight forward, but his early and mid game are pretty weak compared to other champs.

Irelia's mechanics are slightly trickier and take a while longer to master. The trade-off is that she can be a huge asset to the team in almost every stage of the game.

With that being said... it boils down to
Garen = haha faceroll
Nasus = afk farm 30 mins for domination
Irelia = TAKE ME NAO!

Mako

Recruiter

05-07-2012

Riven if you like doing damage.
Irelia if you like running around being near-cc immune.

ZenithZephyr

05-07-2012

oops

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

05-07-2012

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garen is my main, but I also play a lot of Irelia, that said, Garen is rather easy to counter (kite and armor). Irelia is much more potent, as said before, gap closer, stun, and free heals and true damage

Maulkrieg

05-08-2012

I used to main Irelia before the nerfs, after which she was almost unplayable against the most common tops, as they could easily outharass and outsustain her, although you could occasionally outplay people still.

With the recent buffs, she's pretty stong early, but drops a teensy bit around level 4 or 5 until 7, so be careful there. At lvl 4 where you get your stun, if your jungler has good timing and you're playing Irelia right, you should be pushed to your tower and set up for an easy forced flash, at the very least. If you get a kill, you should be able to snowball hard from that point, and if you don't, try to farm until you hit 7, where you should have enough for Wit's End, be able to force your lane to back or get a kill, and start helping your team power through midgame.

Irelia beats Riven, Nasus, and Garen early with armor pots if managed well. Watch creep waves, force them to push the lane to sustain/farm, farm under tower, and wait for mistakes or your jungler if things go sour. Against Garen, take advantage of his long cooldowns. Against Nasus, you can do whatever you want until he withers, then dash away to a creep. Against Riven, watch for her dash, and back away if you see her go to use it. She'll likely be using it to try to harass you going in to cs, so back away and q to a creep when the shield's gone. If she decides to fight then, you can outharass her. That shield along with that one extra empowered auto lets her win trades with you. That's it.

Remember not to use q to get to champions when you want to harass. Wait for them, or a time they're close, then activate hiten, auto, q, auto, e auto. Try to do this when your creep wave is larger than theirs. Doing this with a competent jungler ganking is an almost garunteed kill with ignite.