Best Server for an Aussie to play on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TgTgKelpo

12-18-2012

Am i doing something wrong im on NA in australia and all i get is 300+all the way up to 600 is there anything i can do to fix it???

cursed1

12-18-2012

The reason Aussies tend to get marginally higher ping to the NA servers in comparison to Kiwis (NZers) is because of the fact most traffic is routed through the Southern Cross undersea fibre cable. Aussie packets have to travel further along this cable than NZ packets. Hence, they result in having a higher ping. I personally tend to average roughly 170 ping from Christchurch with Vodafone (using a wireless modem approx 3m away).

Edit: If you have higher than 180 ping in NZ or higher than 210 in Australia, your ISP should supply a free technical support line which may be able to assist in lowering your latency. Many things can cause this, from a decaying TO to a faulty/misconfigured router or even just a bad adsl filter/splitter (whatever they're called). However, if you're using a wireless modem, I'd suggest testing from your usual position to sitting right beside it (or better yet, using an ethernet jack into it!) to see how much that can affect your latency.

n3og3o

12-19-2012

might look at getting this done, my ping to NA from Canberra is 200ish sometimes it says 270 on the loading screen but i dont notice the difference.

Any tips i can do to check on my end first?

Have a feeling that something is sucking the internet usuage up

WanderingPoop

12-19-2012

ping will be determined by a couple of things, if your in aus the best ping will be to garena but thise depends on provider and state. Pings to garena range from 70 to 150 with isps that have routing on the sea me we 3 cable in perth. wa is 70 ping to garena, sa 90, nsw 110, vic 100, qld 130, note these are approximations providers such as internode and iinet i believe provide good routing all others will route you to the us or hk before going to garena which results in sometimes worse pings.
if the op could elaborate as to which state he or she lives in and which isp they use it would help determine which server would be optimal latency wise
ps dont ever go with tpg if gaming means anything to you

n3og3o

12-19-2012

I live in ACT an im with internode. Which server do you suggest is better?

eLmNtL

04-25-2013

im in sydney australia im on broardband adsl 1 i average 165 to 190 when im the only one online in the house and i run ac wireless usb conection to my pc
if the house is all on the net im around 400 ping
and around 4 to 12 pm i run at 220 to 342081471491348792 ping e.g LAG

eLmNtL

04-25-2013

if anyone in riot is reading this it may be a good idea with in the next 7 months to add an australian server and have free transfer to it for ip's over here because there are hundreds of thousands of LoL players here and ive played LoL since season 1

xNorthlane

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenol View Post
Garena servers are have higher ms than NA i usually get 180 on Na and 400+ on Garena.
Maybe bad hosting or something.
Garena servers are having their traffic rerouted through USA atm because the deep sea line cable between Singapore and Sydney was severed. The repairs are still being organised.

I normally get 60-65 ping on Garena from Perth, but the community on Garena is worse than NA.

sux

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedys View Post
Will never happen. There just aren't enough players in Australia (or even Oceania) to justify it.
Already been confirmed that we're getting a server.