Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Speach vs Text

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsantrich

05-05-2012

In matchmaking, is there any consideration to whether or not voice chat clients are running? I understand the technical limitations with this, but you really need to implement a voice communication system of your own. For a game that relies on split second reaction, you alienate your players by not implementing at least being able to hear your teammates; Despite not having a mic of your own, everyone has speakers.

PlatinumOtter

05-06-2012

Matchmaking (even normals) revolves a lot around the number in your party as far as I can tell. It is fairly likely that if you are solo queue, you aren't going to be using voice chat with any of your teammates, and the duos/teams will usually chat together giving the same advantage to each team.

SpaceGiraffes

05-06-2012

I'd like to see this too, what are the other outside options besides Skype?