LF Advice from Higher ELO players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dekarius

05-05-2012

I have discussed with a few people about ELO rankings and what my true ranking should be. We mostly seem to agree that I am, subjectively, ~1800 rating. Note that this is not reflective on anything tangible, merely my opinion of my tactics. However, we are all stuck in the 1400s because most of the time we do solo/duo queues, at least one person on our team feeds so hard that there isn't much we can do to pull ourselves out. I'm wondering how many of the higher ELO players have dealt with problems like this and what you did to get out of that hole. Maybe if I play more games, my rating will slowly increase to where it should be. But I know of some really good players with over 300 games played that are stuck with me too. Any advice would be helpful.

On another note, I main support and try to play supports that can carry (my fave is Taric). If anybody wants to duo queue with me I'd be more than happy to play.

Thank you for your time.

sixilli

05-05-2012

I like to play AP supports so you can carry but the best way to avoid this is play the hard carries yourself. It really does suck having a teammate go 0/4 to mid in the first 10 min.

TrueDisplay

05-08-2012

"Really good players with over 300 games played that are stuck in 1400's"... Think about that for a moment.

Laptop

05-08-2012

Play olaf get elo.