Thoughts on Smite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtyK

05-05-2012

I understand that smite is used as a last hit to ensure, the enemy team can't unexpectedly steal a quick creep kill. But in all honesty, if you and your team have your jungle properly secured. I feel like saving even a few seconds on the CLD of smite can help improve how fast you jungle, generally speaking. Imo every few seconds is crucial to this game as a whole, even if it is just creeping.

Wylade

05-05-2012

I'd rather sacrifice 5-7 seconds off my jungle time and insure I get all my buffs and such than have a chance at losing even one of them.

Epsilon2012

05-05-2012

.....I don't get it.....what are you trying to say?

The Blu Equine

05-05-2012

i hope i jungle against you and i have smite and you're about to get baron but then i flash in and smite it away.

tl;dr IF YOU JUNGLE TAKE SMITE.

xRAWKAx

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluiskelith View Post
i hope i jungle against you and i have smite and you're about to get baron but then i flash in and smite it away.

tl;dr IF YOU JUNGLE TAKE SMITE.
He's not talking about no smite jungling he's talking about using smite as an opener instead of a finisher to have its CD ready sooner for later jungle camps.

Hiroshi Yuki

05-05-2012

Smite as an opener? I suppose it could work so long as you know exactly where the enemy jungler or team members are. I mean, hell, I'm guilty of doing it sometimes if I just want my first buff really quick so I can go for an early gank or hurry up and clear the rest of the camps without being counterjungled. I've also used Smite early when passing off buffs to team members in case we really need that buff on someone before a teamfight erupts.

Though, in all other cases, just take Smite as the finisher if you ever plan on jungling. That extra little security really does help, you know.

Totaltotemic

05-05-2012

One of my favorite pastimes in normals is warding a buff, waiting nearby for the other jungler to do it, then smiting it from across the trees because they either smote improperly or were handing off blue.

TL;DR, in LoL, you always have to assume that someone is right around the corner if you can't see them on the minimap.

UbberTengen

05-06-2012

I do it sometimes when i have wards and know the enemy jungler's location. Is a nice way to clean the jungle faster but kinda risky if u dont know where your enemies are.