How to beat Garen as Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demo41357

05-05-2012

I searched and searched, but every single thread here is how hard it is to beat Teemo as a Garen. And how you just shouldn't even pick Garen because he is countered so hard by Teemo. I don't get this at all.

I play Teemo a lot, and usually do at least decent with him. But every time I face a Garen solo top I get rolled so hard it's not even funny. Garen has massive life and sustain, so it takes 600000 shots to finally whittle down his health. Also, his q and spin give him a speed boost. I don't know what these people are talking about, because I just played a game where I had level 4 move quick, it was activated, and I had boots of swiftness even (because I kept getting chased down). Garen had level 1 boots was all. The Garen used his q/spin, and not only caught up to me easily, but that spin just hammers down Teemo's life so fast it's not even funny.

Blinding shot is no help either. When Garen's main damage is coming from his q and spin, well blinding shot doesn't block abilities, and I just sit there helplessly, with movement bonus 3, AND level 4 move quick active, still getting chased down by a freaking spinning Garen.

So why on earth is every other question on every forum ever about how much of a hard counter Teemo is to Garen? My own experience shows that Garen is completely unbeatable by a Teemo.

Zarthorn

05-05-2012

Blind dart whenever Garen comes in, Garen loses the trade.

Vuther

05-05-2012

Start with boots. Hit Garen whenever you see him, then back off. Reset autoattacks with Q. Press W when Garen presses Q and heads toward you. Be careful whenever W is on cooldown. Ward bushes he goes into.

Maxijazz

05-05-2012

If your not getting out of the spin, there is no point trying to run. Get a couple auto attacks in and force him to back off. Put down mushrooms in the bush, on top of you, wherever you can so he cant get to you.

Tetramaster

05-05-2012

Just farm creeps and harass him whenever he comes close.

Also, YOU use the bush to your advantage, and at 6, Shroom the everloving fu** out of the bushes so that garen can't sit in them to regenerate.

When he gets into range, poke him. If he uses his Q, blinding dart + auto him and then back off. Stack some armor (ninja tabi, wriggles) and his spin will tickle. Get Phage and then you win the lane, since he can't get close to you without getting slowed and dying.

Eerds

05-05-2012

Stay away from him .... spin will murder you ):

Anoetic

05-05-2012

Ward the brushes in lane

BigHue

05-05-2012

Press Q, then right click.

manoflast3

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
Ward the brushes in lane
Or he could just shroom it.

Joseph Moffett

05-05-2012

right click and W when he gets close. laugh your ass off as he tries to catch you