Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jarvan IV

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voxom

05-05-2012

Most fun I've had on dom since... forever!
It's beyond me how he's not more played. I play vs one extremely rarely. And sometimes people even tell me to build tankier before going trinity.. Like if people don't have a good understanding of how he can be a beast burst melee. He packs so much utility too...

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about J4 is.. His long hair. haha

Anyways, I build him like this:

prospectors, ionian boots, brutalizer, trinity, hexdrinker / atmas, last whisper, ghostblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A12MO12

05-05-2012

i believe you only need 25% CDR to be able to dragonstrike/flag combo two times 1 flag. A brutalizer + masteries +runes generally get you to that if not very close.

The great thing about jarvan is you can go 3 routes with him.
1)tanky dps - trinity, ghostblade/last whiseperer, Frozen Heart and odyn's or force of nature, aegis/wit's end
2)carry - trinity, infinity edge, last whisperer, wit's end, sanguine - his damage is scary with just trinity and IE, I have 3 shot a twitch with just auto attack, knockup and ult.
3) tank - merc treads, frozenheart, odyn's, frozen mallet, zeke's, atmas

he can save people with his ult and then flag + dragonstrike away, does great at isolating squishies, buffs team mates with flag, just a great champ overall.

I usually take 9-21 with him and build him tanky dps - trinity, ghostblade, atmas nad then armor/MR
i run armor pen reds, flat armor yellows and CDR blues with flat health quints on jarvan. You could substitute quints with whatever you want, its personal preference.