WCG finals observer mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GruntiIda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

I am going to make this short.

I was watching the WCG finals with the ustream in observer mode. In my opinion it would make sense to reduce the hud display for the observing champion. It was just slightly distracting to see a kennan with gold and skills blocking the screen.

If the HUD was reduced it would provide a better view of the game. Also I might recommend APM a constant display of tower kills and champ kills in the corner. That way we wouldn't have to wait for announcements to know the kill counts.

I know the mode is in alpha or beta w/e but just some recommendations =]
Ben AKA Gruntiida

Neozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Would it be possible to not have a seizure while casting either, I know your trying to show the game to people but you have not been showing any of the items when they're bought till later or summoner skills.

GruntiIda

09-11-2010

Yea, an ability to follow select champions would be nice. While commentating the speaker could just micro between champs without scanning the map rapidly.

Pyrolistical

09-11-2010

obviously that was a hack

I just hope they can make a better obs mode for the WCG grand finals

Sakir

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntiIda View Post
Yea, an ability to follow select champions would be nice. While commentating the speaker could just micro between champs without scanning the map rapidly.
I'm pretty sure it does have that ability, Phreak followed Kog'Maw for a bit by holding some button, I forget what it was.

Also, why don't they just make a new champion called observer, with no passive or abilities, and he's invisible, and can only be picked if you're in the 6th slot. It seems like the better way to go, that way observer's don't accidentally pick TF or Zilean or Janna or something.

GruntiIda

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakir View Post
I'm pretty sure it does have that ability, Phreak followed Kog'Maw for a bit by holding some button, I forget what it was.

Also, why don't they just make a new champion called observer, with no passive or abilities, and he's invisible, and can only be picked if you're in the 6th slot. It seems like the better way to go, that way observer's don't accidentally pick TF or Zilean or Janna or something.
That, or just make the observer champ always the same, so the 6th slot player doesnt have a choice.

Zazzerpan

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakir View Post
Phreak followed Kog'Maw by holding the "target player 2" button (F2 by default I believe). This only worked since he was on Kog'Maw's team as I don't think there's a "target enemy player 2" button.

Anyway it has been said repeatedly that the Observer mode is still in a kind of closed beta and that the forcing of the observer to pick a champion is something that was a workaround and will probably be polished out of a future official release.

GruntiIda

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzerpan View Post
Phreak followed Kog'Maw by holding the "target player 2" button (F2 by default I believe). This only worked since he was on Kog'Maw's team as I don't think there's a "target enemy player 2" button.

Anyway it has been said repeatedly that the Observer mode is still in a kind of closed beta and that the forcing of the observer to pick a champion is something that was a workaround and will probably be polished out of a future official release.
Thank you for the input, I am mostly just trying to get ideas out there for mods to look at or consider, hopefully there are ones they have contemplated and maybe others they have not thought of yet. Just all around trying to improve the obs mode.

Lion7

09-12-2010

I just realized another thing: If he's observing with a lvl 1 Kennen at spawn, how does that work when the enemy team picks Karthus? That would mean a free kill everytime his ult is up from ~lvl 11.
Not to mention any other champ with global burst ults (Ashe, Ezreal, etc)

Friend

The Council

09-12-2010

I highly suspect that observer mode will not require the player to pick a champion by the time it rolls out to release. The version used for WCG was a very, very rough makeshift solution. =p