Have you ever lost your LOL cursor?

Yes!! 151 64.81%
No, never. 82 35.19%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

HUD Improvement: Targeting Cursors

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

castitatis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

*O noes I can't see my cursor and a fight is going on. Lets get my face closer to the screen to try and find it! Instead of moving my mouse to try and see where it is.*

You do realise that you'll see it almost instantly if you just give a small jerk on your mouse?

But obviously, this isin't for the hardcore gamer, this is more for the casual gamer kind, because at this point, hardcore gamers actually know where their mouse is at all time without even looking at it.(Well those that have been playing RTSs for a few years.)

Personally, I'd like to further this then by just giving 2 options for mouse overlay.
I'd like to see multiple options for your mouse clicker in game, including multiple "hand" skin for those who might prefer say a skeletal hand instead of an orc one.
I'd also like for people to be able to make custom cursor icons and to be able to set their own cursor as they like. Sometimes, all I really want as a cursor is a red dot, or possibly a blue dot that switches to red when you mouse over a target.

Heck at this point I'm guessing they won't implement the second idea, but they will put the first and make the skins buyable in the shop >.>

Noob Tuber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
I lose mine sometimes.

I've been thinking about an option to turn on some sort of cursor overlay. Wouldn't replace your cursor, but it would make it much more visible without obscuring game play.
How about the ability to change the cursor color in the options menu?

JustinBlade

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by castitatis View Post
*O noes I can't see my cursor and a fight is going on. Lets get my face closer to the screen to try and find it! Instead of moving my mouse to try and see where it is.*

You do realise that you'll see it almost instantly if you just give a small jerk on your mouse?
>
That and using a skill to make the cursor change is how I do find it when this happens (and no need to be snide anyway castitatis), but that is still an issue for even a split second in a team fight can make the difference getting that skill shot off in time, focusing enough damage in time, dodging, movement and victory or defeat. One really doesn't want to waste say 0.5 seconds to 2 seconds trying to reorient. It's a hardcore gamer issue too, especially when one has Higher-Order Aberrations http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...berrations.htm like Low Contrast Vision http://www.allaboutvision.com/eye-ex...ensitivity.htm, as why would a hardcore gamer settle for a workaround or second best when improvement is possible? There is a reason the military has those special yellow lensed wavefront eyewear even with shooters with perfect vision. And with such an easy fix, why should a game developer settle for a workaround that disadvantages some in a competitive sport?

Besides I doubt Riot UI Designer, Rayven, loses his cursor too due to lack of the knowledge of "jerk on your mouse". Perfection is finding areas to improve even when you are doing well, not settling for "second best".

EequaltoMC2

08-21-2010

Yes i have had the same problem. i like Rayven's idea. Maybe an animated cursors would not only look sicker but be easier to spot

Swiftycents

01-22-2011

Bump!

Dull Pencil

01-23-2011

Go to mouse options and click pointer options>show location of pointer when i press CTRL

Nerahmat

01-23-2011

It's all got to do with perception and muscle memory. I sometimes lose my character during team fights, especially when teamed with other champions I play frequently, but the cursor is always visible. If you don't panic and make erratic motions and just stare at your health bar, your cursor should be within plain sight at all times.

I PAINAPPLE I

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBlade View Post
That and using a skill to make the cursor change is how I do find it when this happens (and no need to be snide anyway castitatis), but that is still an issue for even a split second in a team fight can make the difference getting that skill shot off in time, focusing enough damage in time, dodging, movement and victory or defeat. One really doesn't want to waste say 0.5 seconds to 2 seconds trying to reorient. It's a hardcore gamer issue too, especially when one has Higher-Order Aberrations http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...berrations.htm like Low Contrast Vision http://www.allaboutvision.com/eye-ex...ensitivity.htm, as why would a hardcore gamer settle for a workaround or second best when improvement is possible? There is a reason the military has those special yellow lensed wavefront eyewear even with shooters with perfect vision. And with such an easy fix, why should a game developer settle for a workaround that disadvantages some in a competitive sport?

Besides I doubt Riot UI Designer, Rayven, loses his cursor too due to lack of the knowledge of "jerk on your mouse". Perfection is finding areas to improve even when you are doing well, not settling for "second best".
I agree with this, and what Rayven said aswell, I have lost my curser multiple times which has lead to either me dieing, teammate dieing, or us losing a team fight.

FwoGiZ

03-10-2011

bump?......

it is probably true most "ranked players" dont have problems regarding this, but it is probably also true that there are much more "normal players" playing this game.

so, im sure a pretty big % of players would be grateful for ANY updates fixing this seemingly simple yet apparently so laborious problem
just in this thread, there are a few good ideas

i understand it may not be as beneficially economical as creating a 345th hybridized character but i mean.....

oh yeah while we're at it... can we have another/some other maps??!
just throw a public contest to find the nicest maps and pick a few?

just my 2... and probably a few hundreds of other LoL players too

SkyerFox

03-11-2011

Absolute agreement. Fix the LoL cursor(s).