should ranked teams elo be shown on summoner profile

Yes 143 60.34%
No 7 2.95%
Karthus 87 36.71%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Ranked teams elo should be shown on profile!

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

currently when we look at a players profile it will show there highest elo, usually this is there solo que elo however some poeple are in ranked teams whos elo is higher than there solo elo, I would like to petition that ranked teams elo if above 1200 should be shown on your summoner profile and if it is your highest elo shown on your summoner icon.

also for some of us on our summoner profiles it shows our first seasons ranked teams elo for both summoners rift and twisted tree line, and now in season two when we work hard on our ranked teams elo we feel unrewarded for putting in the effort of climbing the ladder.

In season one we were rewarded for playing premade ranked games, why not in season two

Edit:
if that's not suitable a good compromise would be to show your ranked 3s teams elo on your summoners profile, and your ranked 5s team elo, instead of only showing solo que and last seasons team rankings

Edit2:
For those that vote, especially those who vote no I would appreciate some constructive reasons as to why you voted that way.

I discussed with a friend today @wammie about the issues with this idea, and he believes the main issue is that you can belong to multiple teams, so it would be hard to implement and you might not of earned that elo with your team as you did not play with them.

Does anyone have any ideas for how we could implement this fairly and unbiased whilst still reward people for playing ranked teams?

Edit3:
link to twisted treeline thread with more in-depth analysis
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2098450

Edit4:
link to Summoner Rift thread with an even more in-depth analysis
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2099159

Edit5:
We have had a red post in our Twisted treeline forum with the following to say;

@Riot Taco Storm
"So the problem here is that we don't show RANKED TEAM Elos ANYWHERE in the summoner profile right now.

What you do see on the summoner profile is the ARRANGED TEAM Elos. That is to say, the Elo that people got during pre-season playing arranged teams 3, before ranked teams were introduced.

We're aware that this isn't exactly the most useful information to represent here (since you can't play arranged 3s or 5s anymore), so hopefully we'll have something more meaningful there in the future."

all I have to say is thank you for the response and I will look forward to the changes you bring in the future, and I am sure a lot of people will look forward to these changes

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

some good arguements so far;

@Dingding123
"Definitely. This game isn't designed around solo queue at all; it's about team play. Why does it only show your solo queue score, the one that's by far the most variable and the least accurate?"

@Allures
"I've wanted this for a while. Maybe there could be some way to choose one of your 3s/5s team to be the one that's displayed in order to avoid whatever conflicts come up with having multiple teams? In any case, it should be done."

@Tryndaddy
"and you have to play 70% of the games for your elo to be shown when people hover over your name!!!"

this is similar to the system world of warcraft uses right? I am sure RIOT could implement a similar system whereby you must be involved in X% or X number of games with your team for it to show up on your profile, and they could then let you nominate which teams elo you want shown as long as you are eligible to be called a "member of the team"

@Sauron
"Don't players have individual hidden 3v3 Elos that is used for forming teams, based on their personal participation in ranked teams? That could be displayed."

@Blue Lambency
"I think that the ELO displayed should be the one of the highest ranked team that you're on, and have at least ~33.3% of the of the victories with you as a player."

Vaynes A Pain

05-05-2012

Yeah man! i totally agree. my 5s elo is only 1300s but my 3s team is in top 200 with almost 1600 elo, i want that to be shown when people hover over my name in the lobby not my 5s elo which is lower

Dingding123

05-05-2012

Definitely. This game isn't designed around solo queue at all; it's about team play. Why does it only show your solo queue score, the one that's by far the most variable and the least accurate?

tangyfruits

05-05-2012

Lol tryndaddy

Ohnoesrunaway

05-05-2012

I agree, if you are part of a decent ranked team you want that to be the rating that shows, especially if ranked teams are your focus rather than solo/duo queue.

Michael Stronk

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingding123 View Post
Definitely. This game isn't designed around solo queue at all; it's about team play. Why does it only show your solo queue score, the one that's by far the most variable and the least accurate?
Completely agree with you here, it is a team game that elo should be shown

Kaminari Inazuma

05-05-2012

good idea

Vaynes A Pain

05-05-2012

bump

Phreak Avenue

05-05-2012

A good idea. I vote yes

12345 ... 7